Fish in the Filter tube...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceangirl

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, I am about to turn the light out on my 29 gallon. And lo and behold, a galaxy rasbora or CPD is stuck vertically in the tube. I have both attached at the moment, and it was pinned in the tube, flapping and well distressed. I have a 30 and a 70 on the tank and the slats on the 20 are large enough for it somehow to swim and become stuck. Well we got him out and I dumped a little stress coat in there. What else can I do? He is still swimming but confused.
Just did a weekly 50%, dosed ferts, used prime for dechlor.,

Poor guy! Best you can do for him is keep the water healthy, keep an eye on him & hope for the best! Usually (not always!) a healthy fish will not become stuck in/to an intake tube but stranger things have happened before. Consider covering the intake with piece of pantyhose or filter foam if it becomes a problem. Good luck!

I have bulk filter pad, and wrapped all my filter tubes with it and rubber bands. He looks a little scuffed but still swimming strong. I also added stress coat. I seem to have melted my anacharis though. first time using Flourish, excel, and iron. got a sample pack for xmas. I did do a 50% right before injured you think he'll be ok?

I have bulk filter pad, and wrapped all my filter tubes with it and rubber bands. He looks a little scuffed but still swimming strong. I also added stress coat. I seem to have melted my anacharis though. first time using Flourish, excel, and iron. got a sample pack for xmas. I did do a 50% right before injured you think he'll be ok?

I hope it's OK, but ordinarily, healthy fish don't get sucked into the filter tube unless you have something insane like a Fluval fx5 on a 10 gallon.......

Also, flourish excel and anacharis do not get along.

Well I currently have 2 filters on my 29, one just happens to be in their sleeping/base area. I think he may have been asleep and whoop. in it went

Just keep an eye on him for now. If he is a strong little guy, he will recover in no time on his own. :)

Back
Top Bottom