Fish jumping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of interest,,,Does that make your tank run hot? Or is it just that one section?

Well, the temperature has been around 80 and I haven't turn on the heater yet. I think the plastic helps to keep it warm, and yes I have both section covered. It's a new tank (4 months) and I am waiting for winter time to figure out how hot it will be and do more tests like: house heater on x aquarium heater off, aquarium heater on x house heater on (this one has to be on during 6 months of snow :) . I accept suggestion because I am new in this hobby.

Also you may have a problem with keeping your PH up if you have your tank covered up like that.

Also you may have a problem with keeping your PH up if you have your tank covered up like that.

Well, my initial intention was to give an idea about “egg crate” to block the fish jumping. Of course the owner must look for the reasons for jumps, but at least the fish is protected because to leave an aquarium without any cover is like to leave a child without seat belt.

The plastic is my solution to avoid evaporation and it's working very well, it's like a glass lid just more flexible and light.

Again, everything is OK with my PH and the others water parameters. I’ve done all tests every week and the PH keeps 8 or a little more. I just want let you know I have a FW tank.

I don't have any problem, but it doesn't mean it works for everybody. Any idea has to be carefully done with observation, control and tests considering your own reality.

[FONT=&quot]Thanks.[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom