Fish keep dying can you help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VOZIE

Aquarium Advice Activist
Nitrate = 5.0
Nitrite = 0
Ammonia = 0
Ph = 7.3 \ 7.6
45 Gallon FW planted tank with plenty of o2.

My tank is stocked with dwarf chiclids rams x4 tetras x11 1 angel fish. 4 corries. For some reason every night I am loosing a fish or two and I can't find out what the problem is. As far as I know my water is good. The results above is a home test kit which match the test I had done at my local shop. The dead fish seem to be in one piece and don't look damaged. Please please help. Am I buying sick fish am I doing something wrong. What's going on.

With the results you have I can understand your confusion. Ammonia nitrite and nitrate low ph good plants providing oxygen. With not knowing how old your fish are and that they don't have some form of decease my only assumption is that something toxic to the fish is getting in the tank.

Friend of mine had a similar problem and he found it to be a plugin air freshener that was heating a solution into the air.

Have you just brought a new freshener.

Put your hands in the tank with possible contaminate on them.

Used a polish or aerosol in the same room

It's obvious something as changed inside the tank or in the environment it is in.

Hope you get it sorted
Sorry I couldn't help more

The fish are all young they are all dying within days of getting them. My only thought is that dwarf chiclids are still chiclids at the end of the day and are beating eachother about. The other thought is adding to many at once but then I would assume there would be a chemistry spike along the line. My last thought is not enough plants to hide out and I have done my best to get pairs. I understand chiclids are even more aggressive when spawning.

I would try another store and setup a QT tank. Fish should not be dieing like that and most dwarf cichlids are not that aggressive.

Funny you should say that all the fish that died were brought from the same shop.

It's just a local fish store in London. I leave them in the bag for about 30 minutes then slowly ad tank water to the bag. After a while I tip the bag on it's side and let them swim out on there own.

Back
Top Bottom