Fish keeping sins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
keenfish said:
not saying its a sin to have one saying its a sin NOT to have one and i find most people dont have them espicaly here in the uk

Yup sorry. I meant it isnt a sin NOT to have a qt IMO

Yup, when I got home from petsmart last night, all three of my fish were part of the $1 fish sale... Not just the two that actually were. But hey, the money I saved buying prime there instead of in town more than paid for the three of them... Not that much of a "fish story" but the most recent, haha. Noon, I didn't spend more on food for the fish than I did for my own lunch...

Using cash when I go to the lfs so how much I spend doesn't show up on my card >:D

Been there, done that.... many times. :lol:

Spending $100 and saying you spent $50!

Who's sig is it that says "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife will sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it."?? LOVE that one!!
Luckily most of my aquarium equipment is free.... My grandfather's basement is full of stuff. After he passed, my uncle dismantled most of the breeding operations, and anybody in the family just pulls what we need for our aquariums.

Now my photography gear, on the other hand.... my wife would probably faint if I added all that up in front of her.:whistle:

Mumma.of.two said:
Spending $100 and saying you spent $50!

haha. I did that last week to my mom..bought a aqueon 30 told her it was on sale for 20.00.

kept 2 tiger barb in a 5g..

My fish keeping sin that's killing me right now? Being a few days late on a water change already, plus not prepared for this power outage D:

Jason7894561230 said:
I literally died from laughter on this!

At least he upgraded from the 1.5 he started with... After much nagging on my part. Trogdor the Oscar is still swimming though, and he claims he will get a bigger tank eventually. Right... At least I managed to teach him a few things.

I am bad in this department...not with my fish but with my husband LOL! :oops: I don't mean to be naughty, but if I don't fib about the fish or sneak fish into the house, nothing would change; he's impossible! The fish have turned me into a monster! :rolleyes:

Sin #1 Completely taking over my husbands fish-keeping hobby (y)
He was slowly killing them due to his lack of experience and refusal to research.

Sin #2 Telling my husband the Firemouth Cichlids had to go back to the fish store temporarily so I could clean the water up for them; they never came back. They were not compatable with ANY of the other fish in the tank, let alone eachother! I couldn't stand it! I did convince him into a different cichlid to replace them though :angel:

Sin #3 Telling my husband I'm going to the gym for an hour with other intentions; Gym 15 minutes, Fish Store 45 minutes. Get home and quietly sneak the bags with new fish and/or new plants into the tanks. Acclimte them secretly. By the time he notices everyone is in their place. He stares at the tanks confused but assumes I just re-arrange the tanks again. :whistle:

Sin #4 Buying 6 $40 Roseline Sharks and sneaking them in the tank. By the time my husband noticed them, the rummynose tetras were moved. He assumed they were the rummynose getting bigger. I never said a word! Just kept watching the movie. :popcorn:

Lovin Fish said:
I am bad in this department...not with my fish but with my husband LOL! :oops: I don't mean to be naughty, but if I don't fib about the fish or sneak fish into the house, nothing would change; he's impossible! The fish have turned me into a monster! :rolleyes:

Sin #1 Completely taking over my husbands fish-keeping hobby (y)
He was slowly killing them due to his lack of experience and refusal to research.

Sin #2 Telling my husband the Firemouth Cichlids had to go back to the fish store temporarily so I could clean the water up for them; they never came back. They were not compatable with ANY of the other fish in the tank, let alone eachother! I couldn't stand it! I did convince him into a different cichlid to replace them though :angel:

Sin #3 Telling my husband I'm going to the gym for an hour with other intentions; Gym 15 minutes, Fish Store 45 minutes. Get home and quietly sneak the bags with new fish and/or new plants into the tanks. Acclimte them secretly. By the time he notices everyone is in their place. He stares at the tanks confused but assumes I just re-arrange the tanks again. :whistle:

Sin #4 Buying 6 $40 Roseline Sharks and sneaking them in the tank. By the time my husband noticed them, the rummynose tetras were moved. He assumed they were the rummynose getting bigger. I never said a word! Just kept watching the movie. :popcorn:

Hahaha that's funny :p

Hahaha that's funny :p

Bad to the bone aren't I :cool: Poor guy that married me LOL! I never lied to the poor guy until AFTER i got fish. Little cuties got a hold on me! I got one more sin I'll share with ya'all.

Sin#5 I sleep with my fish LOL! My husband has been abandoned for months now. I left the bed all to him and now sleep on the couch next to the biggest tank so I can watch them till I fall asleep. They are soooo good to me!!! :brows:

After complaining i have no cash but still putting a betta in a bowl my gf got me for 1 day, just so i could justify getting a new 5.5g for my desk because i ;) "found out he needed more space" :cool: .... and a new heater.... and live plants.... and shrimp tankmates.........

Back
Top Bottom