Fish might not make it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HUKIT said:
I tried twice with a total of 5 fish that never made it past the mythical 3" mark, they all turned dark, stopped eating , then withered away even after treating for parasites. Since then I've personally written them out of my fish room.

Good luck as I hope he pulls though.

Thanks bro.

How old is he? Also, maybe somebody better versed than me can correct me, but I think I remember reading about adding vitamin drops to the water, and garlic is supposed to be great for them too. Have you changed his food lately?

Not looking good. No real response to treatment. The other fish is starting to do the same thing. Curse you ebjd's!!!! I'm done with these fish.

What form of metro are you using? Of they're not responding to that I'd run 3 daily rounds of Clout, it's hard on the silicone but works better than any other form a anti-parasite medication.

Last edited:
HUKIT said:
What form of metro are you using? Of they're not responding to that I'd run 3 daily rounds of Clout.

I can't find the clout anywhere other than online. I'm currently using fish zole 250mg.

Guess I'll order it from amazon then. Whether they make it or not I guess it can't hurt to have it on hand.

cbourg746 said:
Guess I'll order it from amazon then. Whether they make it or not I guess it can't hurt to have it on hand.

What's the temp at?

I'm so sorry you are going through this:-(

The only thing I know about ebdj's is what I have read in these threads, but there was one a couple of weeks ago, that the op said he used metronidazole at a1/4 teaspoon for 30 gallons, he claimed it worked for him. Just thought I would share. Do a search for ebdj's and it should come up like he fourth post. Hope this helps.

I wouldn't recommend treating their tank simply because I did and screwed up the cycle when all the bb got killed off. Do you have a hospital tank?

I had my reservations about these guys when I bought them. I read the other thread y'all mentioned and I'm afraid that this doesn't seem to be working. Guess I'll be looking to restock the tank they are in soon.

jetajockey said:
Metro doesn't kill the biofilter.
An alternative to ebjd would be a regular jd. I have a big male that is absolutely gorgeous. I'd like to get him in a display but he doesn't play nice.

I have a beautiful pair of blue gene jack dempsey's now.

jetajockey said:
I go there every few weeks when I'm out fish hunting, it's only about 45 minutes. I take 10 straight to defuniak and then go south to freeport when I go collecting.

I may end up getting rid of my pair soon. My company has a dealership in defuniak and my gm travels back and fourth. When I'm ready and if your interested I may be able to get him to bring her down there. You'd just have to meet him at the dealership.

Back
Top Bottom