Fish not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thatfishfreak91

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 55 gallon tank with 2 Cory's, 4 black skirt tetras, 5 red eye Tera's, and 4 black striped tetras. I just got this tank 2 weeks ago and finally put fish in there last night. I checked the water last night because they were not eating. It seems fine except the water is very soft. I think it's from stress because my 20 gal cracked and I put them in a 10 gal back up tank. Luckily I had got the tank 2 days before

Or it mite be because the tank was a salt water tank.

I don't really know what happen but I really need some advice.

A lot of the time a fish wont eat after a fairly big move into a new tank until they settle in....Don't be nervous if they don't eat for a few days. When the time comes they will probably have enough to eat.....And moving them into a salt tank might be bad but im not sure....

I think it may be that there is some salt left over that you didn't get out of the tank.

I have a 55 gallon tank with 2 Cory's, 4 black skirt tetras, 5 red eye Tera's, and 4 black striped tetras. I just got this tank 2 weeks ago and finally put fish in there last night. I checked the water last night because they were not eating. It seems fine except the water is very soft. I think it's from stress because my 20 gal cracked and I put them in a 10 gal back up tank. Luckily I had got the tank 2 days before

Or it mite be because the tank was a salt water tank.

I don't really know what happen but I really need some advice.
Is the 55g cycled??

Back
Top Bottom