Fish not getting food :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarineEddy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Bangaii Cardinalfish and a Clownfish. When I put food in the tank the clownfish is getting most if not all of the food. The Cardinalfish is now moving slowly and does not seem himself. Should I trap the clownfish in my net when I feed him or what. Any advice is really needed asap. Thanks in advance.

Do you have a qt tank set up or a tank you can use as a qt tank? Is your bangaii tank bred or wild caught? Wild caught ones usually don't do well in aquariums. Clowns are aggressive messy eaters so any fish you put in with them may have problems getting enough food. The only solution I know of is to qt the bangaii and teach him to eat from your hand.

Thanks, I don't have a qt tank but he is tank bred. How would I go about teaching him to eat from my hand and do you think that using a net would work?

I had a pair of Banggai Cardinals that I was told were captive raised but were not. They starved in my tank :/ at $30 each that was an expensive fish to lose

You might try feeding them with a turkey baster as well that way the food gets directly to them without having to pass near the clown. It will only take once or twice before the clown figures out turkey baster means food.

Yup. All good suggestions. If you have to, feed more. Believe me I know about losing expensive fish. Lost 3 recently to ick (now QTing) all
80+. Loved them and they were expensive. Good Luck with your fish!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom