Fish Tank Blues...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ladieflex

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone

I would like to discuss my fish tank, here are a list of my fish

16 Neon Tetras
2 Male Guppies
1 Cory Catfish
2 Black Widow (Black Skirt) Teras
3 Rainbow fish
2 Powder blue (coral) Dwarf Gourami, male and female
AND (last but not least)
1 Siemese Fighter Fish (male)

Total Fish = 27

I am 22 years old and have had an interest in animals, pets and fish for as long as i could remember, this is the 3rd fish tank i had. The first since i have been very young.
All my fish do get along, reading on the internet and doing research said that this was NOT possible to put a siemese fighter in the tank with fish such as guppies and possibly Gourami even thought they are cousins; but i made it work.
Originally i had no rainbow fish and a total of 6 Black Tetras and one Gourami, the male. Thing were Fantastic.
My tank was made up of real plants and natural stones and a background that made it more inviting to the fish to call it home.

But as you know that fish do grow, and i have come to an agreement with my local Aquarium to trade in my fish when i have done all i could without intruding on other fishes tertority when they get too big. So i traded 4 Black Tetras for 4 Rainbow fish or different varieties. Since then i have lost 1 neon tetra and 1 rainbow fish :(

That was sad but not the worst. When i decided i wanted a fish tank, all the relevant information was found and i stumbled across the fish of my dreams, MY figher. I understood the conditions of caring for him and i knew i had to have him, i waited paitently for a month with NO fish and search high and low to find the perfect fighter for me. By chance, i found him in my local market petshop who never stock anything like these remarkable fish, and i knew he was the one. HE WAS EVEN ALREADY HOUSETRAINED (by this i mean he was very content living with other fish)

When I brought him home i was worried of the treatment he would get and i had every right to be, he was bullied by my black tetras and male gourami but after a week things settled down and everything was calm.

Heres the Triva Questions....

Since all this moving and introduction of fish, the list at the top is who live in my tank now. Since my Gourami has not enough protection from his fellow mates the black tetras he is now being seriously bullied by my fighter fish :crazyeyes:

I hated the fact that i had a huge snail infestation so the plants were removed from the tank and replaced with the fake stuff, which i hate but i also didnt like the fact that the real plants made my tank really dark, this means that there is plenty of swimming space and not enough hiding space for fish, because i can only buy when i have enough money.

Finally i was instructed to by a female gourami to help things settle in the tank. She was bought 7th Feb 09 and is doing fine, quite fiesty!

Please help me restore the clam in my tank i am in deed need of SERIOUS HELP, i would also like new decorating ideas for my tank. I will post a picture of what my tank first looked liked when i first started.

P.S. Is it wrong that i get bored of the layout of my tank now because i am not happy with it??

Thank you for all your help :n00b:

Attachments

• My Fish Tank.jpg
    My Fish Tank.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 282
Seems like a LOT of fish for that tank....

You might have to cull the aggressive ones and focus on the ONE fish you desired and maybe a few others.

Just my opinion.

How long have you had the tank?

Yes it is but they do start off small and grow and i get to trade them in. I have had fish in my tank since October 08. Like i said before there has never been a problem untill very recent. I have put some new fake plants in today that i bought on the weekend and they do seem to be alot more settled

Back
Top Bottom