fish tank stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

animalzrok2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so I'm pretty sure I'm getting a 180 gallon fish tank, and i would like to put a pair of texas cichlids and a raphael catfish in it. any suggestions on other fish?

I thought you was talking about hiding in the tank peepin at the fish. Do they need a restraining order.

You could ask a mod to change the title through a pm. It may get more attention then. I can't really help, because I don't have that much experience with Cichlids.

At first I ignored this thread because I wasn't sure how you would stalk a fish tank, then I realized, He must have meant stocking :)

IMO I would add a nice school of big dither fish. Congo tetras, boesmani rainbows, odessa barbs and others would all work IMO. I can't say for what cichlids you could put in there, as I'm not sure what you could exactly.

You can edit the the title if you to edit them advanced. You can even do it from your phone. Or like the others have said ask a MOD to fix it. Also like others have suggested. There is a Cichlid section under freshwater. You'll get more responses there. Sorry I can't help as I don't know about those Cichlid's other then they can get about 12" long so 2 maybe the max not sure what else you can or would want to put in that tank. Maybe some plecos, like a bristlenose or rubberlip. I have a cuckoo catfish in my 75 African tank. Check out my profile if ya want see pics.

Good luck

I fixed your title for you, and moved it to the cichlid section.

Now on to your question...

If you want to go with more cichlids you can add firemouths, jack dempseys, and convicts. Those will be your least aggressive (the convicts can be iffy)

If you want to add more catfish, you can do another raphael, pictus, or most of the synodontis family (like a featherfin).

At first I ignored this thread because I wasn't sure how you would stalk a fish tank, then I realized, He must have meant stocking :)

just re-read this thread and not that it has anything to do with my question but i am a she.

ok so im debating between firemouths, convicts or green terror

Go with all three just try to aim for same size or close u should b fine make sure to keep plenty of hiding spots. I have a lot of diff cichlids n my tank including Texas and jacks an convicts etc good luck an post pics especially if u go with green terrors they r sum of my favs lol

O and from my experience the terrors grow VERY slow and are not that aggressive but that's just from MY experience

Go with all three just try to aim for same size or close u should b fine make sure to keep plenty of hiding spots. I have a lot of diff cichlids n my tank including Texas and jacks an convicts etc good luck an post pics especially if u go with green terrors they r sum of my favs lol

all three????

Sure didn't u say they would b n a 180g tank? I think they would b just fine as long as they have plenty of hiding spots and u do reg tank maintenance. Like I said b4 I have lots of diff types of cichlids n my 150 and I still have a few more I plan on adding to the mix! I think as long as u do ur homework and don't get lazy in the upkeep u will have happy healthy fish :) again I'm no expert by far this is just my opinion but good luck and post pics!

wait one more question, i was hoping to do pairs, so should i just do one pair or can i do one pair of two of the three

I say go for it just b prepared for the babies lol I have sum convicts that wont stop having babies!!! But luckily for me (unluckily)for them a few of the surviving babies from the 1st batch help to um......keep the #s down So wat would u like to get pairs of if u don't mind me bn nosey

Yea they do I think it would b interesting to breed the terrors but that's just me lol but good luck with watever u decide I can't wait to see how everything goes and looking forward to seeing the new tank

Back
Top Bottom