Fish wipe out help needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

croatian2

Aquarium Advice Regular
I need help!

I came home to to dead albino cats , two dead tetras and two of my angles have one white spot on one of there eyes.
I tested and only thing bad is low ph 0f 6.2 but I just did a water change
Only thing is I add 2small plastic plants and a small convict from another tank.
I need some advice on what to do and what's happening?????
Help

First in order to get any help I need to know all your tank levels ammonia nitrite etc. A ph that low stalls your nitrogen cycle. Do you know how long its been that low? What size tank? Also what does the white spot look like? Is it large?

Ph is low at6.2 normally around 7 but I did a 25 prevent change Sunday.

I do 10 to 25 percent weekly changes on my 27 gallon marinland cube take running for over a year.
Ammonia is 1.0ppm . Nitrite is zero. Nitrate is 20ppm.
Out of the 4 fish that died one albino was still fluttering abit and same with the terra .
I don't see the convict attacking any of them but maybe he transferred bacteria.....but I one day???
Yesterday they all were completely fine.

First off do a water change immidiately. 1ppm on ammonia is very bad and probubly what killed your fish. I always do my water changes slowly when something is that out of wack. I'd suggest 10-25% of the water an hour until you've replaced at least 50% of the tank water.

First off do a water change immidiately. 1ppm on ammonia is very bad and probubly what killed your fish. I always do my water changes slowly when something is that out of wack. I'd suggest 10-25% of the water an hour until you've replaced at least 50% of the tank water.

I just did a 10 percent change and added a bit of prime.
So I guess melaflix medicine is not the answer?
Could I try tossing in an algone pouch in the filter to help to?

Can you post a picture of the angel? Or find a picture of what it looks like from google?

Can you post a picture of the angel? Or find a picture of what it looks like from google?

Here is one.see the white dot dead centre of his eye?

Attachments

• image-1170721871.jpg
    image-1170721871.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 113
Here is one.see the white dot dead centre of his eye?

Do you also see the small white spots on his tail? That looks like ick to me. I use jungle ick clear. Lots of other people will recomend other things but it has always worked fine for me. Just remove your charcol insert. I'd put it in a tubaware contailer with some tank water. You add one tab per 10gals. Read the directions though.

Do you know if you had high ammonia before the deaths? Or could it be from the dead fish?

I haven't checked in a while so I assume it was fine but I suppose one death may have triggered it.
Putting in a dose of prime has made a strong egg like smell.

If you zoom in on the angelfishes fins it seems to be that there is some white dots almost like salt that seems to look like a fish disease called Ich, ich Is very easily treatable you can buy treatment for at any local Walmart , target or pet store. There is also home remedies for it like adding 1 tablespoon of salt per 10 gallons ot five that I don't really know and raising the temperature of your tank.

If you zoom in on the angelfishes fins it seems to be that there is some white dots almost like salt that seems to look like a fish disease called Ich, ich Is very easily treatable you can buy treatment for at any local Walmart , target or pet store. There is also home remedies for it like adding 1 tablespoon of salt per 10 gallons ot five that I don't really know and raising the temperature of your tank.

Be sure its aquarium salt though.

Strange thou the other tetras never had white spots just white out lines around there fins maybe from being nipped at after death.
Ick can wipe out 4fish that quick?wow I never new.

To me, the white on the eye looks like it could be ammonia burn. Keep changing out water to get the level below .25ppm. Did you do anything like forgetting to dechlorinate when you did your last water change? There has to be a reason ammonia spiked.

Ich is really powerful, when un noticed. Just get the medicine asap! Good luck

I will try aquA salt tonight .

Does melaflix work for ick too?

Back
Top Bottom