Fish with the most personality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys, wondering what was the most personalitic and active fish youve ever had, mine is definitely oscars. Ive kept multiple and always as loving and fun!

55 Gallon- Empty
125 Gallon- CKF and Tiger Oscar
220 Gallon- To come...

I would say my yellow labs that I have now. They're old but still active and almost dolphin like.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I once had a toby pufferfish it had the personality like a puppy and it would squirt water at me when it was hungry haha

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Haha venom!
My most active that I've personally kept are boesemani rainbows and of course for personality cories get my vote.

As far as peaceful, my Discus get it all. When it come to nasty, that vote goes to my Red Devil. What a b**** !!!

+1 on the Yellow Labs..

Don't know why, but of the 20 fish in the tank, the Labs are my oldest and most interactive fish.

Any cichlids really.. most shoaling fish could care less.. corys simply foraging in a row. Is pretty cool.. they're hardly personable though. All my dwarf cichlids have their little "feed me" wiggle, performed daily in the same spot..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have 4 phillipene blue Angels in one of my tanks and they are crazy interactive! I hold up the food before I feed them and they follow my hand all around the tank!

As far as active, I agree with previous posters. Boesemani rainbows are extremely active fish, and pretty personable...... I've also had good luck with almost all cichlids being really active, unless you get shell or rock dwelling cichlids!

In my experience, the most interactive fish is ropefish; HOWEVER, they have to be properly housed and kept. Otherwise, they are reclusive.

My fish swarm the top of the tank under the opening in the lid as soon as they see a hand go up.

Fishobsessed7

My betta is pretty personality rich. He likes to rush the glass when I come into the kitchen, and I can hand feed him.

I have two submissions, similar to what's been mentioned already. Bichirs are quite personable, like the rope fish, and so are ctenopomas, like the betta. But hands down cichlids are tops when it comes to personality.

My rams are great and I think I'm seeing some spawning behavior too so doubly good!

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Kribensis

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So far, my corys! I had this one cory with a crooked tail and he had more personality than some people I know! He was so fun too watch.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Mostly any amphilophus

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom