Fishenthusiast's 30 Gallon Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fishenthusiast's 30 Gallon High-Tech Tank

Update: My Bentos Tetras appear to be on their last limb. I've had them for a long time though. If they were to pass on throughout the next couple of weeks, my stock would look like this:

6 Kuhli Loaches
1 Panda Garra (thinking about adding two more)
10 Harlequin Rasboras
1 Dwarf Honey Gourami

What other fish should I add to my stock? I will note that I have a 30 gallon long tank. I'm open to tetras, oddball fish, etc. I'd rather not get Rainbowfish at the current moment, or fish smaller than 1 inch (nano fish). Note: I don't want it to look overcrowded.

Fishenthusiast's 30 Gallon High-Tech Tank

Picture update:

My tank is ready to rebound...almost. The algae is almost gone. I had to chop up the Pogo since only the tops were salvageable...hopefully they rebound well. My hope is for the Alternanthera reineckii to rebound too. Hopefully I'll be able to add more plants soon.

I think my tank has true potential given the supplies I have and my strong desire for a beautiful planted tank. I just hope I have no more hindrances.

Looks like you're on the way to a nice rebound. If you're wanting to add fish, have you thought about barbs? Your tank has all Asian fish in it, why not keep the theme? Something like an Odessa Barb, Checkered Barb or Cherry Barb.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks pretty tidy in there fish?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Why is it so murky?? I know you had problems but i cant remember what these were

Thanks everyone! Barbs sound like a good idea. I haven't had them in a long time.

Why is it so murky?? I know you had problems but i cant remember what these were

The algae is still there, just not as much as there used to be. I bet it will be fully gone in about 3-4 days. My camera on my phone is also bad (the tank looks better in person).

Odessa barbs are extremely active.. i wouldn't keep them in a group.less than 10 in a tank k smaller than a 55.. too busy for my taste anyways.

Odessa barbs are sweet!

20L Mafia

Odessa barbs are extremely active.. i wouldn't keep them in a group.less than 10 in a tank k smaller than a 55.. too busy for my taste anyways.

Which small barb would be as active as Harlequin Rasboras, yet still contrast them?

Also, I have some new goodies soaking in the tub

Cherry bahhhhbbsss guy

Gold barbs maybe?? Might have aggression issues though possibly?

With the last couple of pictures that I've posted, can you guys see a place that would be a good spot for a Red Tiger Lotus?

I've decided to get plants that are easy to care for (mostly), yet have the high-tech look to them. I'll be adding to following plants:

Background--Ludwigia repens 'broadleaf', Rotata rotundifolia, and some type of Val.

Midground--DW w/ Anubias barteri var. nana, and Cardinal plants.

Foreground--Dwarf Hairgrass

I am going to be ordering these plants in the next few days:

Cardinal Plant
Ludwigia repens
Hygrophila corymbosa "Siamensis"
Rotala rotundifolia
A type of Anubias
A type of moss
Downoi
Dwarf Hairgrass

My questions to you all are these?

1. Which plant would look better behind Cyptocoryne: Hygrophila corymbosa "Siamensis" or Ludwigia Repens?

2. Which plant would look better by Java Fern on driftwood: Hygrophila corymbosa "Siamensis", Ludwigia repens, or Rotala rotundifolia?

Thanks for any suggestion!

Got my plants today. Where should I place the Hygrophila corymbosa "Siamensis", Rotala rotund., Ludwigia repens, and Alternanthera reineckii "rosaefolia" in the background?

I'm going to be leaving for vacation in a couple days. With these new plants, what should I do to ensure that they'll be healthy when I arrive back? Should I do a weekly dose of ferts with PPS-Pro as opposed to no fertilization?

Back
Top Bottom