fishless cycle is done.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orandafan12

Aquarium Advice Freak
After 5 weeks of carrying bucket all over and dumping water all day my tank has finally lost all its nitrites. Woohoo!!!!!!!!

Great job! I posted this on your other thread, but I'll put it here too just to ensure you see it-

I'd really recommend testing the bio-filter at least one more time before stocking. I'd advise to dose it up to 2ppm, and at this time tomorrow if it's at zero ammo and 0 no2...then we can be 100% certain you're good to go. I'm super nervous about stocking immediately after finishing because crazy things can happen at the last second just like you saw with your pH.

Congrats though :)

Congrats on ur cycle!!! I created a fishless cycling dance!!! Lol it's exciting :D

Yeah it is. I woke today and hope it was done. And then i tested nitrites. I was like oooohhhhh mmaaaaiiiiii gggaaaawwwwd!!!!!!!!!

I am going to just put one big oranda. I only got a 20 gallon tank. Ill take picks when i get the oranda.

orandafan12 said:
I am going to just put one big oranda. I only got a 20 gallon tank. Ill take picks when i get the oranda.

Awww you'll love him. My grandma has a big orange Oranda... He is what made me want goldfish. He has so much personality. My 3yr old nephew names him lemonaid!! Lol cutest thing ever!!

Back
Top Bottom