fisless cycle help 75 gl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YQUEFUE

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i need some help is my first time doing fishless cycle ok the question i had my ammonia up to 4ppm for a week or so now down to zero my nitrite are coming downt is now 0.25 and it was off the chart before my nitrate are 20 ppm but don't go higher than that what do i have to do now keep waiting for nitrates to go higher please your help is appreciated

Well for starters you could use some grammar, because I can't understand what your saying.

I guess you just keep dosing ammonia once it reaches zero, until you can go from 4 ppm ammonia to 0 ammonia and 0 nitrite in 24 hours.

Throw a piece of raw shrimp into the tank and wait a day. Make sure your temp is constant and then test for ammonia, the shrimp decomposing will release ammonia so you should see a small spike in ammonia that hopefully will disappear in 12 hours or so, if it does, then test for nitrite, and follow up with a nitrate test. If your ammonia and nitrite both return to zero but your nitrate is staying around 20ppm, you could have a faulty nitrate test..

Either way, IMO, if your ammonia and nitrite are zeroing out in 12 hours or less, that is a good indicator your tank is strongly cycled and it is safe to add a hardy fish to the system after a few considerable water changes.

Good luck!

:ROFLMAO:

everything is down to zero this morning i mean everything after i add ammonia last night to 1ppm i'm still very confuse why my nitrates ddin't go up like everyone us said it only when as high as 20ppm, i have not done any water changes at this point what should i do, thank you for you help

Take the water to your LFS and have them test it as well as a control to find out if you have a bad test kit.

cycle finish nice

Thank all for you advice, i'm done with my cycle. I took my water to the pet shop and yes nitrates are good too,one of the thing that help my nitrates no too spike so high is because i had media on my filter canister to controlled and it did. i will show pictures of my happy campers.thank you all again.:thanks: :dance::fish1:

Some pictures of my 75gl discus tank

Is my first time with discus i hope everything works well already had them for a few months please let me know how it looks,having finish my new tank yeah.

Attachments

• 20140224_180532.jpg
    20140224_180532.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 20140224_180629.jpg
    20140224_180629.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom