Flake Food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MamaSueD

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, while reading one of the other posts I read that flake food can have something to do with ammonia. Is this true? If so what is a better food to feed? Is there one brand that you prefer over others?
:thanks:

My fish REALLY enjoy Repashy Superfoods Fruut-Luups!! It's not a flake or a frozen food. It's a powder in which you boil water and add. It becomes a gelatin substance. If you save an old bloodworm tray you can pour it in like a mild or put it in a small sealable container and keep it in the fridge. You can feed as much or as little as you want. It literally takes three minutes to prepare two months worth. Excellent product that no fish will refuse. I have Angels, guppies, glass cats, plecos, and white cloud minnows and they all enjoy it.

Hi, while reading one of the other posts I read that flake food can have something to do with ammonia. Is this true? If so what is a better food to feed? Is there one brand that you prefer over others?
:thanks:

If you want to try different type of food I used dried blood worms which my betta liked in the past. I don't know what type of fish you have since I've had neon tetras ignore the dried blood worms, but when fed frozen blood worms my whole school would go crazy over it haha.

I've always gone with The Omega One brand.

My fish love the Omega One Micropellets and Bloodworms. As long as you sweep up extra food and properly clean the tanks you should be fine.

<g.m.t.a>

Omega one Pellets and Hikari Freeze Dried bloodworms are the best! I wouldn't use any other blood worms because nobody else guarantees theirs to be parasite free

Back
Top Bottom