Flame gourami behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

connor31556

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys about 2 weeks ago I got a 3 ish inch flame gourami as an accent fish to my 3 sword tails and 6 guppies (all in ratio of 2 females to 1male) a zebra snail and one corydora that just wont die (I say this cause I've had him for about 8 months and all the others I try and introduce die after a couple weeks) it's a 20 gallon high with a 30 gallon filter (aqueion quiet flow 30) I have 2 filter pads in there because I used to have a 10 gallon filter and when I upgraded I didnt want to lose it in case I wanted to instant cycle another tank one male guppy is in a breeder box because the swordtail male was nipping at him hes been in there for a while and I'm prolly gonna get another tank to give him salt baths in anyway the flame gourami is staying towards the bottom strafing from front to back on one side and wont come near me (hes still scared of me I think) he will eat food flakes and betta pellets but just spits them out he eats alge all the time so hes not starving and my water is fine as I do weekly 30%ish water changes and all the other fish are perfectly fine and the other fish arent bothering him fo you guys know why this is happening all the other threads on this identified the problem as there being 2 male gouramis but I only have one any help is appreciated thanks

Attachments

• 1546727979749.jpg
    1546727979749.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 48
Could be a sick fish, or Gourami being bullied by the Swordtail?
How is his poop, any stringy white? Could be internal parasites if so. Adding a fish from the store to the tank can cause stress and the stress could be also a cause of fish illness.

He has started moving around alot just swims away when I'm near now and doesnt come up to eat cause I'm there hes getting better with time so I. Just hope it will get More used to me

Back
Top Bottom