Flame tetra acting strangely!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlove2

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My flame tetra is quite plump, and has has a quite lumpy tummy but she isn’t showing any other signs of carrying eggs? She is also acting strangely, swimming tilting down and joltily, as well as not shoaling with the others. I’m no expert but I’m hoping she’s carrying eggs and just showing a few signs of stress, rather then something else! We lost a dwarf gourami a few months ago to what we think was swim bladder disease, I’m really hoping it’s not that. I can’t work out how to attach photos to this, could someone help (how to put up a photo of the tetra or the tetra problem if you can without a photo!) Thanks :)

Sick fishes are the most stressful, not being able to upload photos adds to the stress. I know, I’ve been there...

There’s a paperclip icon (not on quick reply) and you can click it. It opens a new screen for you to upload photos. I do all of them on my iPhone so it’s much easier I guess. Give it a go!

Hope someone can help with the fish question =(

Not sure if it’s a symptom of over feeding. I’ve a particular hungry ember tetra that had a similar symptom. I fed them less and it’s bloated tummy went away. But, again, hard to tell. Better wait for the pros!

This one? ?

Attachments

• F1F6E92B-DDFC-4287-AF1F-FC162BDAE0D4.jpg
    F1F6E92B-DDFC-4287-AF1F-FC162BDAE0D4.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 74
  • C1799C49-F5EE-48C2-8BEC-2DCB53545AFF.jpg
    C1799C49-F5EE-48C2-8BEC-2DCB53545AFF.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 49
Hehe yes, there’s a photo now! And my goodness that IS huge. I’ll leave it to the pros here. Looks pregnant almost. Do monitor to see if it’s swimming fine.

Back
Top Bottom