Flash Pleco in a 30 gal tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tostada

Aquarium Advice Freak
I think a Flash Pleco would be really cool.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=126

I've got a 30 gal tank and the only bottom feeders I have are some glass shrimp. I was thinking of getting either a Flash Pleco or some Panda Corys.

People say that if I get Panda Corys that I'll want 5-6 of them, so I guess I couldn't fit the Corys and a Pleco in there.

Right now the only things I'm really looking at putting in the tank are some swords, tetras, maybe a snail... I'd like to come up with one or two bigger things that would still be suitable for a 30 gal. tank.

Maybe I missed it, but that site doesn't say how big the pleco gets.

BUT -I'd take panda cories any day ! they are my favorite fish. Active and playful. I love watching my panda cory games :) They also don't limit themselves to the bottom - they'll spend about 25% of the time all over the tank. They really are great

130 mm (5.1") It's the first block in species info. Flash Plecos are wood eaters so they won't eat a lot of algae.

Hmm...

I'm having a hard time finding a non-bristlenose pleco under 6" that will actually eat algae.

Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom