floating eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rreekers

Aquarium Advice FINatic
so i discovered some floating eggs in my tank today.. .. at first i thought they were air bubbles but they are jelly and didnt pop when i touched/ held/ moved them .. they are in little groups all around the water line of my tank next to the glass.. ( i will add a picture below)

1. if i want them to hatch and survive what should i do with them?

2. also how do i figure out who they are from? i know its not from my live breeders.. i have silvertip tetras (3), harlequin rasboras (3), and gold barbs (5)
- also kuhlis, albino cories, rams, guppies, swordtails..

i have no experience with anything but live breeders, i just got all the others within the last few days and now i have eggs :)

any info would be greatly appreciated

might be your teteras, i don't know for sure , just that tetras lay eggs, they usually sink though....

there are some that are very tiny and some that are large.

the only other thing I can think of is.. could they be from a goldfish? transferred to my tank on plants? I got a ton of plants from my sisters tank that was home to 4 (7inch) goldfish.

I'm at a loss. they are jelly like eggs .. they only eggs I can compair it to is snail eggs... the eggs are the same but there is no goo that holds them together. I feel like some are large but not as large as you guys are making them out to be

Hmm... I'm confused

...If the eggs were all from the same animal, they'd be all the same size. Im guessing air bubbles that just have a little scum around them. kind of like protein build up or w/e. I get them in my betta tank all the time, obviously.

Back
Top Bottom