Floramax as substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bajaknot

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just getting a 40 gallon planted up and running and am choosing a substrate. Has anyone used Floramax and how it may compare to Eco-complete or Flourite? Would a mixture be wise? Planning on 2 watts/gal, plants yet to be determined.

No problem, I asked a LOT of questions about substrates for plants a few weeks back in the thread "I've jumped over..." in the planted forums; there you can see picks of what Soilmaster Select (charcoal) looks like. Also there is a sticky with some good general information in it in the planted forums as well.

FYI, IMO black or darker substrates really make the colors of your fish and plants pop, and I've heard the fish like it better b/c it is usually closer to their natural habitat (in FW tanks anyway). I always wondered how they know what fish like better, surveys?

Last edited:
Right. I was more interested in Floramax specifically and if anyone had any experience to share. Nothing came up when I searched the forum.
Anyway, thanks again.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom