Flourite vs floramax?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are about the same. It's mostly a texture and manufacturer difference rather than a profound difference in quality.

Thanks guys. I saw a guy on YouTube comparing them and they looked almost identical.

I just put a tank together with oil dri. I bought a little bit of new stuff but ended up using some year+ old oil dri/soil mix from another tank. I put it over a screen and rinsed all the soil out of it first and it is still in surprisingly good shape. A good alternative if you are budget minded, I recall paying about $8 bucks or so for a 25lb bag.

jetajockey said:
I just put a tank together with oil dri. I bought a little bit of new stuff but ended up using some year+ old oil dri/soil mix from another tank. I put it over a screen and rinsed all the soil out of it first and it is still in surprisingly good shape. A good alternative if you are budget minded, I recall paying about $8 bucks or so for a 25lb bag.

I've heard of using oil dri. How does it look in the tank? I thought I read it messes with your ph. Is that true?

img_2147572_0_aed5bd8a2e2abfb47dd24905f75dbf30.jpg

It does soak up ca/mg as well as other nutrients, but that's the reason why it's in there to begin with.

This is not much of a concern with regular fert dosing, another option is the addition of crushed coral/aragonite, or it could possibly soften a naturally hard water source if needed.

Back
Top Bottom