Flow in the aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
For all those planted enthusiast out there here is a good read from Tom Barr regarding flow and why it maybe important in a planted tank.

Thanks for posting this. :thanks:

I was doing a water change today and a plant trimming and realized I've got a budding serious problem with green hair algae. It seems mostly to be in areas of weaker flow, so this article is timely.

I really do need to set up that citric acid CO2 system I've been putting off, too. :ermm:

Thanks for posting this. :thanks:

I was doing a water change today and a plant trimming and realized I've got a budding serious problem with green hair algae. It seems mostly to be in areas of weaker flow, so this article is timely.

I really do need to set up that citric acid CO2 system I've been putting off, too. :ermm:

Any reduction in hair algae?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Any reduction in hair algae?

Yes, but not because I've done anything about flow. It may be due to the tank finally getting into balance, or maybe the Nualgi I've been using is at last having an effect. Too many variables, and I'm not experienced enough to make a sure judgement. I'll write more on the thread dedicated to that tank: I don't want to hijack this one. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom