flower horn??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't believe he is crossed w/ anything he looked like any other flowerhorn a cpl wks ago I got him 2nd hand I even have a pic of him when I bought him

ForumRunner_20111204_114132.jpg

Ur right about that but in all the yrs I've owned them I've never seen one completely change colors like this lol I no they can go from light to dark depending on their mood but never as drastic as this

I thought that too because he fights with my tilapia quite a bit they exactly the same size and at 1st I figured that's wat it was but then I noticed that even his fins have changed to a whitish pink as well lol

I have him with a dozen other fish but he was always the most aggressive they are in a 150g so there should b plenty of room

plenty of room doesnt mean they will stay apart. thats territory and manliness stirring up the tank (if they are both boys lol) and they arent gonna be in good acquantance unless they have something that will break up the territory - or stop them making it, like overstocking.

I tried dither fish I bought a handfull of tiger barbs that I thought were too big to b food an hopefully break up the tension in the tank but as soon as I left the room for a cpl.hrs they were all gone so idk wat to do short of removing him from the tank and the only other tank I have is a 10g with my betray and a pair of brichardi

noot what i meant lol. i actually meant, maybe get another flowerhorn or a large cichlid of similar variety to your current fish, so its all dispersed. in a 150, id be happier to have 5 big cichlids as opposed to 2 spaced out ones (for looks and aggression purposes!).
thats just me, and thats just a theory x

I do have 1 monster sized jack dempsey in the tank as well but he stays to himself an the other fish don't go near him lol he is a really peaceful fish

At least a ft lol I'm not kidding this guy is a beast the biggest JD I have ever seen

I found him in a pet store poor guy was sitting in a 55 I didn't really intend on buying another fish was just there to window shop lol but I felt so Sry for him I asked the clerk he said sum guy brought him in with a big Oscar an the Oscar died cpl days later and he couldn't get him to eat told me I could have him for 6bucks so I brought him home lol seems to b happy I guess

ForumRunner_20111204_163502.jpg

Back
Top Bottom