flower horn??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ritz said:
warn you keep it separate because it will eat other fish or kill them...

Maybe but I don't understand how it could go from lookin like ur average fh to lookin like it does now in all the yrs I've dealt with these fish I've never seen this happen

I don't believe that's the case he is way too healthy an he has been like this for sum time now and shows no signs of being ill nor do any other fish n the tank did u c the pic I posted of him an how he looked when I got him?

WHAT IF red devils have a maturity colouration. they deepen or fade in colour to show maturity. i have zero idea if this is true but its a blind guess. either way... if it IS true, the gene that tells the red devil to mature in colour at a certain age is telling the colouration to turn red and its destroying the flowerhorn colouring. like a black horse foal turning white when it grows up, cos that's the genetics.

that, or the colours are just messing up with the random genes it has. there is my conclusion :) xx

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
WHAT IF red devils have a maturity colouration. they deepen or fade in colour to show maturity. i have zero idea if this is true but its a blind guess. either way... if it IS true, the gene that tells the red devil to mature in colour at a certain age is telling the colouration to turn red and its destroying the flowerhorn colouring. like a black horse foal turning white when it grows up, cos that's the genetics.

that, or the colours are just messing up with the random genes it has. there is my conclusion :) xx

Sounds good to me lol ;)

Never owned one I have kept Midas b4 but the colors never really changed the only time I see color change is under stress but its never long term so I am truly puzzled by this lol but wat u said about them changing as they mature is a def possibility

Have a friend that has a monster flowerhorn, when she got him he was the red metallic with markings (sorry I do suck at flowerhorn ID and all the different names for them) anyways he went from that to a blonde / gold coloration with just some red around his mid section, now his brother kept all his coloration (another friend has him).

Shay said:
Have a friend that has a monster flowerhorn, when she got him he was the red metallic with markings (sorry I do suck at flowerhorn ID and all the different names for them) anyways he went from that to a blonde / gold coloration with just some red around his mid section, now his brother kept all his coloration (another friend has him).

Great! Then maybe its perfectly normal then lol like I said b4 he acts healthy as can b and so does my other fish so I knew it wasn't a disease or anything like that. It really has me puzzled tho but o well that's how it goes lol u wouldn't have any pics of ur friends fh would u?

img_1722576_0_a34938cd61a7fbb61ecb0d8e5d462c14.jpg

This is him!! so proud of myself it worked!!!

Shay said:
This is him!! so proud of myself it worked!!!

Good job!!! That looks exactly like my fh only bigger lol honestly I hope he stays this white n pink color cause I think he is even more beautiful like this thanx so much u really helped me more than u no :) its a big worry off my mind I'm really into my fish if u couldn't already tell lol

SRY to b so nosey but y isn't there any gravel n the tank and I noticed the colored balls? Does he interact with them lol

Yes he likes toys!!! and he kept re-scaping his tank so she took the gravel out

Ha I never thought of putting toys n the tank lol how big did u say he was? Do u no how to sex them? SRY 4 all the ?s

No clue on the flowerhorns other than the males get the big hump and the females are smaller with more of a sloped face.

Put toys in for a couple of my SA's and my one african tank has a ping pong ball they love to push around.

His body is 12" in legnth plus fins!!

Back
Top Bottom