fluval 205 help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dave2010

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I have a external fluval 205 I have washed it twice since I've had it, I rinse off the foam pads and everything else with water out of my tank, I know I'm not supposed to change the foam pads for 6-12 months but I'm not sure if I have to replace any of the other stuff or if I just keep cleaning it in tank water every 3 to 4 weeks.

Sent from my Desire HD using Aquarium

I have 405s, 305s, and a 404. I don't replace any of the ceramics. If I use any of the pre-made bagged media (carbon/ammo-carb/peat, etc) I replace those once a month.

I use the pre made stuff that came with my filter, I don't even know what they are called lol all I know is I have foam pads and these things that look like hula hoops the crisps! And there's something in a kind of black mesh, do I need to replace any of them? Also I read that I can use a different setup and buy different things to put on the trays! What would be the best things to buy or would the standard setup be the best

Sent from my Desire HD using Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom