Fluval Edge Aquascaping Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WBAC88 said:
Yep, it's starting to take off only now. It's sending out runners and growing up quite a bit. Any body have any advice on trimming it? How often, how much, how to get the clippings out of the tank? That kind of thing.

There is a vid of someone trimming it and pics on the web also.

Turn off filter, Sharp scissors , net out the trimmings. I end up trimming my tank weekly or every two weeks.

Thats really cool. How high does it go?

I would say the longest strands are about 6" tall, but there's only a few of those, most are just a few inches.

Turn off filter, Sharp scissors , net out the trimmings. I end up trimming my tank weekly or every two weeks.

Alright, I'll try it out this weekend. Thanks.

I have a Fluval edge as well and have some plants in there. So far the plants are happy and thriving! I have low tech plants so basically no effort or work is required. :)

I have a couple of cryptos, anubias, and 2 other ones that I can't recall what type of plants they are.

I have gravel substrate and I use Fertz Root Tabs. It is amazing how well these tabs work. I will try to take some nice pics of my tank. I only have this crapy pic that I took with my cell.

I'm considering on getting a bigger tank and just put plants in there, no fish.

Have you guys seen the ADA aquariums? I've seen a couple of these planted aquariums and those are awesome.

Cheers

Attachments

• image-3814747855.jpg
    image-3814747855.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 136

OK, so I trimmed this weekend and had a devil of a time getting the trimmings out of the tank. With the Edge only having a small opening, even my smallest net (about 3"x2") wasn't able to get most of them out. Now there's lots of bits of grass floating against the top of the tank. I might just let them go au naturale from now on. I got a 6500k desk lamp to provide supplemental light since the plants were blocking the LEDs that are built into the Edge, so I'm hoping that will help the grass begin to spread a bit more.

I have a Fluval edge as well and have some plants in there. So far the plants are happy and thriving! I have low tech plants so basically no effort or work is required. :)

I have a couple of cryptos, anubias, and 2 other ones that I can't recall what type of plants they are.

I have gravel substrate and I use Fertz Root Tabs. It is amazing how well these tabs work. I will try to take some nice pics of my tank. I only have this crapy pic that I took with my cell.

I'm considering on getting a bigger tank and just put plants in there, no fish.

Have you guys seen the ADA aquariums? I've seen a couple of these planted aquariums and those are awesome.

Cheers

Looks nice! I like the clean look of your tank. How long has it been up and running?

Where do you find the Fertz root tabs? It's about time for me to replace mine in both of my tanks, so I'd be interested to know. By the ADA aquariums, do you mean the rimless tanks? I have seen them before, and I really like the way they look, but I already have the two tanks, so I'm not sure I need another FW planted tank. I have a 10g rimless tank in my basement that I'd like to use for something, but I don't know what yet. My next step is to try SW; after I've convinced the wife that I need a third tank...

ADA tanks are Low Iron high clarity rimless glass. Very expensive but awesome. I live near a Distributer. Aqua Forest in San Francisco ;) their display tanks are awesome. Many of my Club members are ADA fanboys.

Back to the Edge. That narrow opening was the one thing keeping me from getting one :(
I love the look of the tank.

ADA tanks are Low Iron high clarity rimless glass. Very expensive but awesome. I live near a Distributer. Aqua Forest in San Francisco ;) their display tanks are awesome. Many of my Club members are ADA fanboys.

Back to the Edge. That narrow opening was the one thing keeping me from getting one :(
I love the look of the tank.

What does low iron mean? Does that affect the clarity? I've seen them on a distributor's website before, they're gorgeous.

With the Edge, yeah, it's kind of a pain, but it wouldn't look the same without that opening, so I don't mind trying to adapt things to it. I don't know how some people get theirs to be so well groomed and intricately scaped. I've seen some really amazing ones over on TPT and some other forums. This is still a young tank, so I'm still holding out hope. Thanks for all your help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom