Fluval Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stevecarter

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My fluval won't stop producing tons and tons of bubbles. Ican't figure out why it is doing this, or how to fix it. Has anybody has a similar problem, or does anyboldy have any ideas? Thanks a lot.
-Steve

1. Check the intake of the filter. Make sure no bubbles are suck into the filter.

2. Let the filter run for a while. Most canister produce lots of bubbles when initially install. Probabily there is trap air pocket in the filter.

3. Check the priming of the filter. If you are using Fluval X04 series, the priming is the only other air inlet.

1. Check the intake of the filter. Make sure no bubbles are suck into the filter.

2. Let the filter run for a while. Most canister produce lots of bubbles when initially install. Probabily there is trap air pocket in the filter.

3. Check the priming of the filter. If you are using Fluval X04 series, the priming is the only other air inlet.

HTH

Btw, switch off the filter when you doing priming (after cleaning n empty the filter) or the priming wont work. Only switch on the filter again once the water start to filling the canister.

HTH

The seals on these canisters aren't perfect so you should expect to see bursts of bubbles occasionally anyway.

Yes every now and then I will see some fine mist bubbles in mine..Not that bad. Give the canister a nudge and you will hear a burst. My 404 is not that bad but my old 204 got bad and I retired it and got the newer and larger 404. More Power and crystal clear water. 8)

Back
Top Bottom