Food advice/ quantity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shel

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys

I currently have 2 fish in my 100 G FOWLR.

1 small Undulated Trigger
1 slightly larger Dogface Puffer

I have been feeding them half a cube of frozen Mysys Shrimp a day so far and they are loving it. I was just wondering if thats enough for 1 day and if anything else should be given to them as an alternative.

Thanks

Shel

they will eat any meaty foods. you could get fish from the supermarket and feed them that. shrimp, scallop, squid, clam. btw, i believe puffers should be given snails from time to time so that they can wear their teeth down. i'm not sure if it's true about all of them though. i have heard of people having to remove the fish so that the teeth could be clipped down with some sort of coral cutters.

good luck with the undulate. i'm glad the two get along. those fish are amazing looking, but the ones i have seen have been insanely aggressive. they are, by far, the coolest of the triggers!

Thanks Doug!

The fish from the supermarket you suggest, can I just dump that in??? It wont screw up the water?

no. chop it up first of course, but it's actually much cleaner than what you are using now. just remember that variety is the key to good nutrition. i actually feed all of my fish and corals a chopped up mixture most of the time. i put all of those things mentioned into a food processor and chopped them up and then froze the chunky mix flat in ziplock freezer bags.

Back
Top Bottom