Food Soaks - Value?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vircomore

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey All,

So, I've been feeding my mollies algae flakes, standard flakes, zucchini, algae crisps, brine shrimp, occasional bloodworms...

But i'd like to see what they think of prepared seaweed/algae sheets - and while researching them, I stumbled upon seaweed soaks with garlic and vitamins. I'm just looking for opinions on soaks - worth it? Beneficial?

Thanks in advance - exploring new things every day. :)

Sounds like you really spoil your fish.

I'm not sure how much benefit the vitamin soak provides. The garlic is for taste more than anything. For some reason fish are attracted to garlic and anise (black licorice).

Alright, thanks.

I think I'm going to go ahead and try it for a bit and see how they like it. Foster and Smith has a small bottle on sale and I thought I might as well lump it in with stuff I was getting anyway for flat-rate shipping.

As for spoiling my fish - I certainly do, and they don't seem to have any problem with it. :rolleyes:

And believe me - buying treats for them is the biggest thing (besides the size of my apartment) - protecting me from a full-blown case of MTS.

It couldn't hurt. I've seen both fishing lures and fish food in garlic scent so it must work. Any extra vitamins are only a bonus.

I think your fish have a more complete diet than I do. My fish are lucky to get algae tabs and brine shrimp once a week.

Give in the the dark lord known as MTS! I managed to hide three tanks in my apartment.

Back
Top Bottom