Found a Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kerrinne

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright...I'm heading back to PetSmart tomorrow. While I was in there buying some more goldfish for my dad's new and large pond, I saw they had a 75 gal tank with canopy/light marked on sale for $190!! I'm not sure about anyone else's neck of the woods, but the other ones I've spied around here run $230 + for the tank alone. Needless to say, I'm getting the car with the big back seat (my car is compact LOL) tomorrow and picking that baby up! Woohoo! So happy.

Thanks again for those that helped me out with suggestions on a shopping list. I did some price searching today as well both online and in the store. It turns out even with shipping, I save money online.

For the 2 200 watt heaters, Fluval 404, and Penguin 330, I price shopped Foster & Smith, Big Al's and Petguys (aquariumshoppe too, but they were way overpriced). Foster & Smith came out to somewhere around $155 before adding in shipping. Petguys was $158.90 with shipping and Big Al's was $157.41 with shipping. So Big Al's here I come! LOL

I'm so excited I wish someone was here for me to squeal out loud to! hehe

WHAWHAWHAWHAWHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?!

I was going to pay 175 for a old 75 and stand, no hoods or lights or anything!

OMG!

I hope they still have the sale and have it at my local PetSmart.

.... .... .... .... I'm in the red tho, wah! :bawl:

Yay! And thats an AWESOME deal; I wish I could do a 75g in this apt, but I'm pushing it with the 55g (old Victorian, attic apt).

LOL And I'm glad I'm not the only one who squeals LOL

Aha! I live in the basement apartment of my parent's house. :) Nice cement floor is good for something besides cracking skulls and being cold even with carpet & padding! LOL

Why don't you guys look into buyinh used stuff online? I always check the recycler and craigslist for stuff. I saw a 300 gal tank for FREE, but by the time I called, someone else has already taken it.

*slaps self in head*

craigslist. I keep forgetting about that site!

Craigslist isn't for my neck of the woods, yet.

However your local classifieds can prove to be a rich source of the unusual.

Heh yeah; got to include that "s" - its craigs not craig (I did the same thing first time LOL). I found a 42 bowfront including everything (even fish) for $225; emailed the seller and said I'd take the tank, stand and filter for a hundred *grin* we'll see what happens. See what you started Kerrinne? LOL

Kerrinne,

I have a couple of 10s and 20s I'm trying to get rid of if you might be interested. I should be around Newnan sometime in the next couple of weeks to pick up some supplies I ship to my parent's. Just let me know.

LOL Well, I didn't mean to start something! Honest! I did search for used, but I'm not patient enough to wait six months for something to appear (or not) in the Newnan newspaper. Found some in the Atlanta paper...but here's my experience so far with that:

I have seen some used tanks from the Atlanta paper - frightening is not even close to the word. All the scrubbing in the world couldn't get the nastiness some of those people lived in out of the tank in my mind. LOL I feel sorry for the fish they had/have. I am not the epitome of clean (have toddler - have clutter rule), but I can't abide living with rotting food, dirty diapers, etc all strewn about the house.

So yes...for me new is the only way to go for the big tank. Ferret, how much do you want for one of your 20 gal? I'd love to pick that one up for a tetra tank, then I can use my 10 gal for QT. My mother is going to kill me. LOL She thinks I'm wasting money on fish...but they are so cool, and it's something my daughter and I love to do together.

Shrug. Don't particularily care ;) I need to get them off the kitchen counter before I put fish in them again, rofl. I don't want to give them away free since they're in good condition and all, but I'm not interested in turning a 'profit' as it were.

They come fully equiped, filter, heater, and substrate if you want. Hoods and lights as well. Probably under $40 or $50 for the full 20 long setup... That's probably $40+ off of the same setup from Petsmart. They're very clean, only half a year old or so. The biowheels for the filters are also floating in one of my other tanks, so are partially cycled/cultured.

Send me a PM with some contact information and we'll see about hooking you up.

Back
Top Bottom