Found random snail ( ithink in my tank)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nickiminaj lover

Aquarium Advice Activist
I found this snail in my tank and wanted to know what kinda it is and what to do with it. PLZ help!

image-1977387210.jpg

Malaysian trumpet snail. Have you added any plants or anything from another tank lately? You can kill them as you see them, get fish that consume them, or just let them burrow in the substrate (which will keep it aerated).

David

No new plants but I got a new allege eater from petsmart a few days ago. Could it have gotten in there from him?

68381-albums11390-picture49979.jpg

Hope this pic shows. This a Orange Rabbit snail. He is about an inch long.

I think brown and white. It's a baby so it's really small and hard to tell what it is. Can I put him in with my beta? How would I get him out?

What else do you have in the tank? It had to have been introduced from somewhere. It's highly doubtful that it came in with the algae eater, but not impossible. Sometimes snails are swept into the net when netting fish and eventually end up in the home tank. When you introduced your algae eater, did you pour all of the fish bag contents into your tank, i.e., water and fish?

What kind of algae eater did you get? Some are aggressive, or end up being aggressive, and shouldn't be housed with slow moving fish.

David

It's a Malaysian Trumpet Snail. You can put it with your betta. The normally stay in the substrate during light hours and come out to forage at night. I keep them in all my tanks.

I'm trying to get him out should I scoop him up with one of the little beta cups? Or something else he's really tiny.

Back
Top Bottom