Found this on failblog

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And my wife can attest, I see teenage skater whatever GUYS walking around with those tight jeans that dont have any room to breathe let alone fart in I go ape crap. Hair in their face like those kids on those shows on nick that my kids watch.

If this is the future of america walking around in tight no gassing jeans and bangs longer then any girl ive ever known, im moving to samoa.

Hot pants man they look like they are getting ready to roller dance at the roller rink from 1984.

Hahahaha, lol. I remember that actually (not when it came out but just seeing it on tv).

So was this you?
deluxe-mega-mullet-wig-p.jpg

EDIT: Ya, i swear with those tight jeans if the bend over much less fart those pants are spiltting. I call it population control with the tight jeans, those guys arent having kids. As for the baggy pants, thats just stupid.

Actually, Im from SoCal, the southern haircuts were not prime choice out in skater land.

If this is the future of america walking around in tight no gassing jeans and bangs longer then any girl ive ever known, im moving to samoa.

We're about the same age and although you're from So Cal and I'm from the midwest I'll bet some of the trends were the same throughout our childhood. I'm sure that the adults of the time didn't think too much of kids dressed like this.

grunge-fashion1.jpg

Haha. An old saying goes, "The clothes don't make the man". I have a few of the "skater kids" in my youth group and some wear the skinnies and some don't. Some are awesome kids and some have their issues. Same can be said of any social group or clique though.

They were, I was NOT a fan of grunge music nor the look, Ive never looked at seattle the same way since.

I grew up in both actually, I moved from SoCal when I was 12 going on 13 then finished those last 5 years of kid life back here in chicago, MAJOR cultural changes between the two places.

I do agree, NEVER judge a book by its cover. The nastiest looking dude you see could be the nastiest richest dude you see.
I wore shorts mostly and t shirts till I moved here then it went to pants (moved here in sept of 93, big climate shock too)
I do have to argue the skater kids now are NOTHING like they were 20-25 years ago. back then we didnt wear skinnies, yes baggy but they did serve a purpose with all the activity of skating and BMX riding ect. But the skater kids I see wearing skinnies walk around like that pic you posted. Holding their boards. I dunno but back in the day those boards would be confiscated and other stuff by the skaters back then.

Best example I can give between then and now. Gleaming the cube.
And I agree, same can be said about any group or clique. Its just funny how things come back around that you used to do way back when and now its more of a "WTF" response from us old fogies.

Agreed/ One kid swears he skates better in them. I just say, "Good for you." and smile. Another wore skinnies and has since given them up. Oh well. They're not hurting me and they're not my kids. Haha.

Haha. Nope. Rode the bus or drove. I had to ride my bike to middle school though. It was uphill the better part of the trip though. Sucked in the mornings, but downhill coasting all the way home in the afternoons. :)

Jimbo, you got your dib's stuff ready for the snow?

I got my steel milk crates ready.

And yes I used to walk to school barefoot. however that was san diego climate.

Haha, no more chicago winters for me. I go to school in Cincinnati, headed down in a couple weeks.

Forgot about this thread. Was gonna post some i found lately.

Hope lolcats count.
funny-pictures-gif-cat-room.gif

c4e6e047-c34c-4b26-81d0-a282054b5996.jpg

b057f506-3a5a-4527-89d8-f884cc62f7cf.jpg

And my favirote.
b566e59f-7f86-4ffb-875b-ec5f5f96b7a0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom