Fourth aquarium!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to buy an Emperor 280 HOB filter. Does anyone else have experience with that one? Also, do I have to buy a new light? I don't know if the Current Nova Extreme is for saltwater or freshwater or if it even matters.

I have one for my 26 gallon bowfront, had it for about a month now and love it. Haven't had a problem. Not loud at all if you fill the tank up to the filters dropper. It's awesome

I have one for my 26 gallon bowfront, had it for about a month now and love it. Haven't had a problem. Not loud at all if you fill the tank up to the filters dropper. It's awesome

I agree. It has only been set up for a few days, but I love it!

Really has nothing to with cycling. I believe there are substances in new driftwood that favor the growth of fungus. In time it will pass. I had the same thing with some manzanita. I got impatient, took it out, boiled it again and put it back. The fungus did not return after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks. Would it go away by itself after a while?

Just noticed you included a. Reinkeii. It's not an easy plant. Lots of iron and lots of light. My Finnex, ferts, and co2 still isn't doing it justice. Hope you have better luck with it.

Caleb

I noticed that it doesn't seem to be in either of my LFSs anyway, so I just won't get any. Thanks for the warning.

I added more plants today! Unfortunately, I have to get a new light. What are the best lights that are a) good for a high-lighting planted tank, and b) affordable on a low budget?

I like finnex lights. There are the Chinese LEDs too. I think tao tronics is one.

Finned is pretty much the best unless you go DIY with shop lights. For those on a budget anyway. Taotronics is pretty good but I don't know if they make freshwater lighting. I have their 165w dimmable on my SW.

Caleb

The satellite arrived today, and it's amazing! I have no idea how a light that tiny (and I mean TINY) can be so bright! I think the tank looks almost ready for fish, but I would love to hear your opinions. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435108862.309636.jpg

SUCCESS!!! After checking the water parameters, I put in the first fish today. She won't be a permanent resident, but it's still exciting to see that little guppy swimming around and exploring everything.

The tank looks amazing! It'll look awesome when the plants grow in!

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

NP

I'm not sure exactly, but keep the plants healthy, and it shouldn't be too long!

:fish2: Fishobsessed7 :fish2:

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

I got the first permanent residents today! There are currently five black neon tetras acclimating.

Back
Top Bottom