Fox and Trigger

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
depending on their personality.... some can be bullies... others can be perfect. for a reef.... they do quite well. may get the odd one that might test a coral out but wouldnt eat them. theyre really great fish with a beautiful deep red. If you want to get one i would save it to last and get the rest of the fish in there first..... just incase you end up with a bully

or maybe throw a blue ringed octopus in there, theyre small and would fit nicely in your size tank..... they maybe be the most poisonous octopus in the world... so just wear gloves :D

Angels are prone to nipping corals so if you want to put one in there build up a lot of coral in the tank before you add the flame so if it does nip coral it will have more than one to nip at and shouldn't annoy the same coral over and over. As said before though a fox will not work in a 40 you need probably double that for an eight nice fish that like a to swim

I got my biggy fish and a shrimp and goby pair. Maybe I can get a little hawk or something small that hugs the surface

yea the situation with the FF is an odd one. we are going to order a couple young ones. My boss says I can have one for the tank until I feel hes big enough That I can bring him in for a 300 gallon frag tank.

Will this work? 55g

Fox Face
Flame Angel
Yasha Goby + Pistol Shrimp pair
Clown Pair

What sort of clean up crew would I be lookong at? would all those fish be fine in a reef with some little guys to clean?

Now when you say the goby and shrimp first then clowns.... and so on... how long of a period in between stocking?

Now when you say the goby and shrimp first then clowns.... and so on... how long of a period in between stocking?

I'd say once the tank is cycled, add a new fish every couple weeks. As far as cuc add whatever you like snail wise. I don't like hermits but that's just me. Astrea and cerith are my favorite snails.

I'd say once the tank is cycled, add a new fish every couple weeks. As far as cuc add whatever you like snail wise. I don't like hermits but that's just me. Astrea and cerith are my favorite snails.

Alright thank you for your input. Its been a ton of help and Im happy to get the fish that I wanted... Aside from the Niger Trigger but thats fine. I am going to start a new thread under getting started based upon the building of this reef! I dont think I would get anymore fish but is there space for a little guy if I do stumble across something?

Back
Top Bottom