Foxface

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damarferg

Aquarium Advice Freak
F I get a foxface would the poison from the spikes kill my fish

IMO The spikes are used for defense and would be used on only the most aggressive and persistent bully. I never seen my FF use the spikes against any other fish except as a display. What size is your tank and whats in there now?

ezy33 said:
IMO The spikes are used for defense and would be used on only the most aggressive and persistent bully. I never seen my FF use the spikes against any other fish except as a display. What size is your tank and whats in there now?

90 gallon I have a bluejaw trigger and a cooperbanded butterfly

IMO the trigger may harass it at first especially if the FF is a much smaller. Before adding it to your DT feed your fish more than usual and turn off the lights for the night. This will give the new fish time to find a good hiding spot. Good luck and keep clear of the poisonous spikes.

ezy33 said:
IMO the trigger may harass it at first especially if the FF is a much smaller. Before adding it to your DT feed your fish more than usual and turn off the lights for the night. This will give the new fish time to find a good hiding spot. Good luck and keep clear of the poisonous spikes.

Thanks I think the ff should be fine because my trigger is very shy and I pit little dwarf Angeles in an he did nothing

Back
Top Bottom