Fresh start.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CallMeIshmael95

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi there, so about a month ago I noticed one of my black mollies had ick on her. At the time it was only 2 little spots. I did a treatment and water changes and hoped I got rid of it. A few days later I noticed another fish had it, so I did four treatments in a row for four consecutive days and did 25% water changes every other day. But it still hasn't gone away. I've been doing treatments since I noticed it and I've lost seven fish to it so far, but I still can't get rid of it. I only have three fish left now because I didn't want to get more with the ick being in the tank. 1 black molly: she seems to have it really bad. 1 Dalmatian molly and 1 guppy, but they don't have any signs of it. I also have 3 mystery snails. I want to start over with a new *smaller* tank. The one I have is 40 Gallons. I'm trying really hard to save these guys, but I'm afraid it won't work.
Would it be safe at all to give the two fish who don't have signs of it to my uncle for his tank (I'd really hate to infect his tank with it) but keep the black molly in a smaller tank to try to nurse her back to par?

*Note* I've been using Jungle's Ick Guard.

Sorry for the rant! Any help would be appreciated!

I used kordons (i think thats it) ich attack. All natural and worked in less then a week

Do they sell that at Wal mart or Petsmart? Those are the only close places we have around here.

The best thing to do for ich us to raise the temperature in the tank. About 86 degrees and leave it there until about 2 weeks after all the spots are gone. I also added salt to the tank. It helps heal and protect against secondary infections

Back
Top Bottom