Fresh veges for Otos???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishboy444

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just got 3 otos and was wondering on what kind of fresh vegetables to feed them.I drop 1/4 of an algae wafer for them at bedtime and that's it.Comments,suggestions will be gratefully appreciated!!!!:cool::uzi::bandit:

Blanch the zucchini so it will sink. Broccoli is something else they like when I first get an oto I feed them a little blanched broccoli everyday for a few days since they have been through so much before they are sold.

why just for otos. think fish live in the forest with all kind of thigns falling into the water....

img_1055006_0_39a45538eed358973dd6a96278305d60.jpg

I just read that you can feed your fish the boiled stems of broccoli, brussel sprouts, lettuce (not iceberg), boiled rice (really? lol), leafy spinach, bits of potatoe's, squash, bean, apple (without the peel or seeds).
Every time I type in fruit, it tells me fruit flies lol.

What is that you are feeding them? I couldn't get any of mine to eat zuchinni.
that right there is peaches. its not uncommon to take some time before they figure out its food. try not feeding for 2-3 days then add the zucchini.
Thanks guys I'll try different foods like zucchini and stuff.Could I try fresh fruit?
yes you can. i have done grapes peaches just remember with fruit there is a lot of surge so try not to feed too much it might cloud the water a little.

Back
Top Bottom