FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is the L. aromatica:
Wy7uVzU.jpg
Closeup:
6TExUbM.jpg
Ammania bonsai
rpEhjPD.jpg

Fresh, that looks beautiful. I am thinking about CO2 now. We're having the Aquatic Gardeners Association Convention here in Denver in almost 2 months, and I want to bid on and take home some great plants for my tank. But more than taking them home, I want them to grow!!! hahaha. You guys are taunting me with these lovely planted tanks.

That tank looks amazing! Great flow to the entire scape, and everything looks beautiful.
The bonsai makes for a great, natural focal point imo.

Thanks! Yes, the bonsai is a slow grower, like its namesake, and I'm a fan of that.
Oddly, I need to do something as I am bored with this setup. Perhaps bored is the wrong term.
1. I'm thinking about removing all of the stem plants on the left to create a more open look. I want the rock to appear as an island in a sea of low lying greenery. I may keep 1-2 AR stems around for color. Maybe move them somewhere on the right.
2. Looking at dragon stone or black mountain seiryu stone in place of the petrified stone. A darker stone with crags or light streaks. More height. I'm not planning on using this tank for caridina shrimp so the stone's influence on the water is not a factor.
More research to come.

I love the look of dragon stone though. Very attractive hardscape imho.

Stunning pictures! (but I sense a re-scape?)

Maybe. I've been checking out different stones (dragon, seiryu, black mountain seiryu). What I imagine might happen is that I remove the existing stones and level out the open space (in preparation). Being an opportunist, I can see myself trimming the Ammania bonsai and Pogostemon erectus and easily filling up the newly vacated spot. And possibly, the manzanita in the shrimp tank making a reappearance.
*mind is racing now...

Maybe. I've been checking out different stones (dragon, seiryu, black mountain seiryu). What I imagine might happen is that I remove the existing stones and level out the open space (in preparation). Being an opportunist, I can see myself trimming the Ammania bonsai and Pogostemon erectus and easily filling up the newly vacated spot. And possibly, the manzanita in the shrimp tank making a reappearance.
*mind is racing now...

Waiting for the family to disappear here for a day so I can re-do plants. Will mostly keep what I've got but planning to re-organise them (bit hard to see 1ft crypts behind 1ft ornaments!) and simplify again (all the val is going to get pulled up) so less pruning and plant substrate creep (ie tank take-over).

BDkdimD.jpg
I decided to order some hardscape from Buce Plant. 20 lbs of Black mountain seiryu stone. They had regular seiryu (or whatever is passing for that stone these days) but I prefer the darker, almost blue shade of the mountain variety. Won't get here until next week. Paid for via plant sales [emoji271][emoji385]
Going to sell off all of the limnophilia aromatica, several stems of pogo erectus, and some of the AR. I need to make some space for the new hardscape.

BDkdimD.jpg
I decided to order some hardscape from Buce Plant. 20 lbs of Black mountain seiryu stone. They had regular seiryu (or whatever is passing for that stone these days) but I prefer the darker, almost blue shade of the mountain variety. Won't get here until next week. Paid for via plant sales [emoji271][emoji385]
Going to sell off all of the limnophilia aromatica, several stems of pogo erectus, and some of the AR. I need to make some space for the new hardscape.

As always, looking forward to seeing what you create! Have you ever bought plants from Buce Plant? They have some Java Fern and Buce that I might be interested in buying when May comes.

Sounds really exciting, love that color. They are supposed to be a main sponsor if I understood correctly of the Aquatic Gardeners Convention here in Denver soon. I am sure my eyes will be bugging out for that booth. Just the other day I checked out their site and the stone looked good.

Last week I bought 2 Seiryu stones from the lfs I liked the look of and spend $18+ it was on sale I think at 3.49 usually 4.99 which had some veins, the 5 pieces initially chosen ended up being around $50-55. and I put away the 2 big & 1 smaller ones. (Didn't have a stone buying budget that day, lol). Problem is every time i get to that store it is pretty well picked over.

Ordering and getting them from online will be like a fun surprise box.

Did you tell them what size tank it was for or ask for any special request/sizes?

Always fun to see what you will create!

I have not ordered plants from Buce Plant before (just found the site last week). Buce varieties might be the next venture for me. They are colorful, grow slowly, and not too difficult (all pluses).
When I placed my order, there was a note section and I provided details and a pic of my current tank and explained that I want to basically replicate it somewhat (prominent cluster on the right, opposing stone on the left).
Yes, it should be fun!

Waiting on a box of rocks. Never thought I'd be saying that.
Delivery delayed because of Winter Storm Stella. Not sure when it will get here.

Back
Top Bottom