FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Output in back right corner and intake in back left or output in back right corner and intake just left of it in the same corner(intake, 1 inch gap, output, 2 inch gap, side glass). The second way would eliminate the area directly under the output as a deadzone. A small powerhead blowing left to right along the back wall would push the water to the intake.
*all directions are if you are facing the tank*

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks! Definitely a YMMV thing but was curious on how others set theirs up.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In a nice-sized group and once settled in the tank the kuhlis are a lot of fun to watch.

The rainbows are addictive. Finally make the decision to sell the CPDs and base that tank around them and the peacocks.

Yes, I need something silly in my tank. The amano's are out and about most of the time but I don't often see all four of them out at the same time.
I know you were looking for Gertrude's; did you ever get any?
I think at minimum I will increase the ember and CPD population. The whole safety in numbers thing.

Kuhlis are a good choice, planning on getting some myself. I have to say though can't go wrong with Pygmy cories or Habrosus ;)
Sorry about the furs.
Got plans for those AC50s? Might want to buy them from you if you're looking to get rid of them.

Kuhlis are a good choice, planning on getting some myself. I have to say though can't go wrong with Pygmy cories or Habrosus ;)
Sorry about the furs.
Got plans for those AC50s? Might want to buy them from you if you're looking to get rid of them.

I might sell one and keep one as a back up. I'll keep you posted.

YMMV??

Your Mileage May Vary

I think at minimum I will increase the ember and CPD population. The whole safety in numbers thing.

Do it! I got my CPDs about 2-3 weeks ago. They are awesome little fish. Such beauty in such a tiny package!

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

Do it! I got my CPDs about 2-3 weeks ago. They are awesome little fish. Such beauty in such a tiny package!

Alright I will!
Took a pic last night. Actually about a dozen but only one that was decent:
RnVeoRU.png

Yes, I need something silly in my tank. The amano's are out and about most of the time but I don't often see all four of them out at the same time.
I know you were looking for Gertrude's; did you ever get any?

Sold the gertrudae, CPDs, cherry barbs, and sparkling gouramis...just going to focus the tank on furcatas and peacocks. Have to decide on final numbers.

Get the kuhlis (y)

Fresh- I think the kuhlies will love your tank. Watching the 2 I have in QT they are really cool. They hang out in all levels of the tank, stay still for good pictures(think plant close ups but with fish), and are not that big. They are ~1.5 inches long but skinny, not like under fed skinny but naturally thin.

Alright I will!
Took a pic last night. Actually about a dozen but only one that was decent:
RnVeoRU.png

Awesome pic!
Also the reason there are about 2000 pictures on my phone ha

How big are yours? I think I got mine as juveniles. They are so small! I bought some NLS grow formula and they absolutely love it. Have to grind it in my fingers just a bit to get the particles small enough but it works well.

How big are yours? I think I got mine as juveniles. They are so small! I bought some NLS grow formula and they absolutely love it. Have to grind it in my fingers just a bit to get the particles small enough but it works well.

They were small but I doubt they were juveniles. Mine will accept NLS and Omega One flakes but they can be fickle at times. I will have to keep the grow formula in mind.

When I first got them, they ate frozen brine shrimp. Those were almost too big, and I think a few made their way to the snails. I knew frozen foods wouldn't be sustainable so I wanted to try NLS, but something smaller than my .5mm pellets. Grow is less uniform, but it's got some small particles.

Hi your plants are so nice!how many hours do you keep your lights on ?

Thanks! I run two fixtures. The Finnex Fugeray runs 5 hours and the Finnex Planted+ runs 4 hours. Both are on together for one hour (one hour overlap).

When I first got them, they ate frozen brine shrimp. Those were almost too big, and I think a few made their way to the snails. I knew frozen foods wouldn't be sustainable so I wanted to try NLS, but something smaller than my .5mm pellets. Grow is less uniform, but it's got some small particles.

I've tried the soaking and feeding the NLS .5 pellets and they were not too crazy about them. They and the embers appear to be finicky from day to day. Thus, they get a bit of everything if possible.

I've tried the soaking and feeding the NLS .5 pellets and they were not too crazy about them. They and the embers appear to be finicky from day to day. Thus, they get a bit of everything if possible.

Like I told my kids when they were younger: eat what you're served or wait until the next meal :hide: :whistle:

Like I told my kids when they were younger: eat what you're served or wait until the next meal :hide: :whistle:

Good approach. Problem is, I ate *everything* I was served. Thus, I could not understand it when my kids were picky eaters. I came from a bigger family and it was like the hunger games growing up.
For sure the snails and amano shrimp benefit from the varied diet. And Kuhlis if I get them.

Good approach. Problem is, I ate *everything* I was served. Thus, I could not understand it when my kids were picky eaters. I came from a bigger family and it was like the hunger games growing up.
For sure the snails and amano shrimp benefit from the varied diet. And Kuhlis if I get them.
Get the kuhlis, you will not regret it!

I have a group in my Endlers tank and because of those monsters I only specifically bottom feed every other day.

About your stock Fresh, if you would happen to get Kuhlis, I think it would be best for you to not get any other type of fish. You probably could increase your CPD and Ember numbers a little bit. With your tank size, I think it would look a little too crowded with more than 3 shoals of fish.

Back
Top Bottom