FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Of course! Here are some updated pics. Plants are doing fine, BBA and GSA are at a minimum, trying to keep up with weekly WCs and daily ferts.
Left side:
zEhrB4U.png
Center:
UA0fa5T.png
Right side:
4jXT9Af.png
FTS:
1iLhfp1.png

I still have fish, they just like to hide when I'm around.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Fish?!?! Prove it,lol! Tank is looking so fresh&clean clean!

I just noticed you've a couple types of mosses in your tank,well done! I've got fissidens&weeping moss in all of my tanks,save one(20L )..

I just noticed you've a couple types of mosses in your tank,well done! I've got fissidens&weeping moss in all of my tanks,save one(20L )..

Along the back it is mostly Java (I believe) but some flame might be present.
There are 3 mounds of another type from BrianNano12 (maybe Fissidens). I like the latter a lot.

Wowzers! Lots going on here! Someone needs to build the perfect stand for themselve.... seems as though pre fab will not cut it here??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wowzers! Lots going on here! Someone needs to build the perfect stand for themselve.... seems as though pre fab will not cut it here??

For sure. I just need to take care of a little backyard project first. But running the canister has provided some "must haves" in the design.

Yes, they are ember tetras. They are shy when I'm in the room. I think the rainbows gave them some social comfort.
"The grass is always greener..."
My downoi look like poo poo. Partly due to the shading from some taller plants and changing conditions (less hours with high light and possibly less CO2).

Hey Fresh.. tank looks great. Just curious, I don't see the UG anymore in your tank shots. Is it still alive somewhere in there? My bad if I missed the update on that.

Sorry to hear that your 206 was noisy. I'm surprised to hear that because my 106 is dead silent. They share the same impeller I believe. Maybe exchange it?

Hey Fresh.. tank looks great. Just curious, I don't see the UG anymore in your tank shots. Is it still alive somewhere in there? My bad if I missed the update on that.

Sorry to hear that your 206 was noisy. I'm surprised to hear that because my 106 is dead silent. They share the same impeller I believe. Maybe exchange it?

The UG would not stay rooted. Probably because of the snails. It would produce shoots, but overall, the color of the leaves and runners (vine) was a chalky yellow color and not green. I propped what remained between the drop checkers (yes out of substrate because I ran out of real estate and did not know what to do with it). Some of it is still there, some broke off and wandered around the tank.
I did return the 206 to a local Petco for exchange. I believe the first one was damaged because it would leak terribly from the gasket when tilted and the noise was too much. Also, one of then tank rim clips was cracked in a few places. Not too surprised since the original packaging is placed into a box slightly larger than it and the packaging insulation included was equivalent to an 8x11 sheet of brown paper.
The new was is working fine except for a whirring, buzzing, not quite rattling noise while running. I have checked the impeller cover alignment and flushed air from the system. With the cabinet doors closed it is virtually silent. The only other thing I'd change is the input and output parts in the tank. The intake is fine except for the white rubber connector. Not quite ready for SS lily pipes; black plastic will do.

Before i switched to DHG, i had originally chosen UG for my carpet. It melted completely in my tank so it was pulled and discarded. I have now noticed it has latched onto my central driftwood and is growing on it. Looks kind of cool mixed in with the fissedens so ive left it to compete for space. Shall see how it gets on

I'm getting lazy and letting things go. Non-aquarium life is busy ATM. Feeding and Ferts, yes, trimming, no.
2eAgno0.png

I think I officially hate my filter again. This is the second Fluval 206 and the impeller is still noisy. Cabinet doors closed, it's quiet. Thinking it was trapped air, I worked the primer knob up and down and even tilted the canister. That flushed air into the tank but also the equivalent of a few teaspoons of water leaked out. I believe the gaskets need to be changed annually. It did NOT get quieter. Thought of buying a new impeller and cover but this is a NEW filter. Does not make sense to do that.
If I return it to a Petco store (again) I get store credit ?. If I return it to Petco.com (I already have the RMA shipping label) I get my PayPal $$$ back ?. I prefer the latter.
I still have one of my AC50s so I can run that in the interim.

Very disappointed to hear this. I was looking forward to replacing my AC filter with a Fluval 206. Now I am not sure.

Radmax - I think it might be hit or miss with the Fluval. I've followed threads on other forums describing the same problem. However, there are probably hundreds of silent success stories out there as well. Stay tuned.
Bcarl/sk3lly - There are several Eheim models to choose from. What would work best with a 20 long? I don't plan on adding a power head, so factor that in.
This weekend I plan on packing and shipping the Fluval back.

Still have nothing bad to say about my sunsun ' s ;)

Still have nothing bad to say about my sunsun ' s ;)

Despite some of the bad press (fragile pieces), the 302 is also under consideration. I want something quiet that works and does not leak. I keep waiting to hear you saying something about leaking seals, cracked housing, or impeller rattle. I know not to boil the spray bar.

Back
Top Bottom