FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Despite some of the bad press (fragile pieces), the 302 is also under consideration. I want something quiet that works and does not leak. I keep waiting to hear you saying something about leaking seals, cracked housing, or impeller rattle. I know not to boil the spray bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I stand by the initial reviews, quiter than a mouse fart and gets the job done! No leaks, it's probably pretty easy to break parts of you're not careful but it hasn't happened yet. Def don't boil spray bar unless you want a banana shaped spray bar (works great by the way, totally intentional)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Still have nothing bad to say about my sunsun ' s ;)

I 2nd the sunsun...the two I run are so quiet I have to check to make sure they're running...very easy on the wallet..

sit in silence

Fluval 206 has been packed up and shipped back. AC50 is filled with established media and running on the tank now. When my PayPal funds come back I will resume my search.
Rear end sore from climbing a ladder all weekend. But this non-aquarium project is nearly complete:
LgNn15k.png

Looks nice fresh. Sorry to hear (no pun intended) that you didn't like the fluval.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice pergola. I just built one too. I still have to cut the top posts and bracing in the corners.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1430199980434.jpg
    1430199980434.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 1430200002888.jpg
    1430200002888.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 1430200026902.jpg
    1430200026902.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 78
Back at you pitbully! Curved ends are a nice touch but look like a pain to do. Looks like the notched boards help keep that unit tight. Are you going to stain it or go au natural?
I used a mitre saw for a simple corner cut and used metal brackets to attach the rafters. I still have some 2x4s to add to span the width for added later stability and to serve as a "shelf" to support a sunshade mesh just below the rafters.
I have been ignoring the tank. Been busy. Maybe giving 5 minutes a day to feed and stare at the tank. At some point in will have to trim several plants (bacopa, limno, Ludwigia sp red, and Rotala macrandra).

The curved ends and notches were a pain to do but after a few boards I got into a groove. It probably took an average of 5 mins a board. The plans I based my design on had all the curves and notches, which I thought was a nice touch. I'm probably going to stain it down the line, but for now I'm going to leave it as is. I too still need to add purlins atop of the rafters. I also like the sunshade mess, but might just add 4x8 sheets of lattice on the top for cover.
I have very little time these days as well, with the second job, it's hard to finish any project. My tank is a mess. I've rescaped it and waiting for the dw to sink before I take any pictures.

As for the eheim i went with the 2217. If you plan to put stuff in line i would opt for the bigger one. If its too much flow you can always put a few extra holes in the spraybar.

Pitbully - Lattice was an idea. The shades can drop to the floor for privacy. I really like the notched look. Any thoughts on driving carriage bolts through the posts?
BCarl - For flow control, I might add some Tees and valves in case I add a reactor.

A buddy of mine has a long drill bit for that purpose. The plan is to use said bit and drive in the carriage bolts for extra support. I also want to install an outside fan for creature comfort. I'm also thinking about adding bases on the bottom of each column filled with cement for extra support too. Something like this

Attachments

• 1430390487340.jpg
    1430390487340.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 58
I'm getting lazy and letting things go. Non-aquarium life is busy ATM. Feeding and Ferts, yes, trimming, no.
2eAgno0.png

I think I officially hate my filter again. This is the second Fluval 206 and the impeller is still noisy. Cabinet doors closed, it's quiet. Thinking it was trapped air, I worked the primer knob up and down and even tilted the canister. That flushed air into the tank but also the equivalent of a few teaspoons of water leaked out. I believe the gaskets need to be changed annually. It did NOT get quieter. Thought of buying a new impeller and cover but this is a NEW filter. Does not make sense to do that.
If I return it to a Petco store (again) I get store credit ?. If I return it to Petco.com (I already have the RMA shipping label) I get my PayPal $$$ back ?. I prefer the latter.
I still have one of my AC50s so I can run that in the interim.

Wow your tank is gorgeous!!! I love all your plants

Wow your tank is gorgeous!!! I love all your plants

Thanks!
Update on my overgrown tank. Have not trimmed it in a while and it shows. Was going to unload most of the plants at a local fish club mini-auction but had a scheduling conflict. The fixture on my shrimp tank croaked so I moved the FugeRay to that tank. Since I am only running the Planted+, I bumped the light period to 8-9 hours. I also added a 13w CFL for a little more light. Did I mention it was overgrown?
gaVAqZp.png

And for those following the pergola build, I added some corner supports. These will be stained when the wood dries out.
M6YWzVG.png

Is overgrown really an issue though? It still looks great if not more natural as it isn't all manicured ;).

It should not be an issue unless it creates too much shade for plants near the substrate. It can also present a problem to itself by shading its lower portions resulting in leaf drop. It does create a canopy effect and lots of hiding places for the fish.

I'll take your overgrowth over mine any day...hoping to find a little time for some trimming this evening..

sit in silence

I'll take your overgrowth over mine any day...hoping to find a little time for some trimming this evening..

sit in silence

Whatcha talkin 'bout, Willis? Your tank looks like a candy store. Healthy growth, good balance and proportion of color. Overgrowth is easy...just do nothing for a while.

I like overgrown on certain plants.. I will not let the tanks rule me... blyxa wins:(

Back
Top Bottom