FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As do i.... Sigggghhhh. Lol. Not one of those for atleast 1000 miles any direction from me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As do i.... Sigggghhhh. Lol. Not one of those for atleast 1000 miles any direction from me.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I see beach!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Grrrr...I don't see it. Closed all browser pages, restarted mobile device. Very frustrating indeed!
BTW that was the view from the house I was staying at last week. Did not get bitten by a shark.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Grrrr...I don't see it. Closed all browser pages, restarted mobile device. Very frustrating indeed!
BTW that was the view from the house I was staying at last week. Did not get bitten by a shark.

Your not alone, I'm not seeing it either :(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Full on beach son!
Stay out of the water...

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You may see the picture but does the picture really exist?

Attachments

• 1436477031085.jpg
    1436477031085.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 87
Okay, so I going away for an hour and come back to this. For some reason I NOW see the beach, plus Morpheus, and the guy from Pineapple Express. AA you never disappoint me.
In other news, wrestling with the fine tune knob on the AquaTek regulator.

Okay, so I going away for an hour and come back to this. For some reason I NOW see the beach, plus Morpheus, and the guy from Pineapple Express. AA you never disappoint me.
In other news, wrestling with the fine tune knob on the AquaTek regulator.

What's the working pressure at? I was messing around my cabinet the other day and must have knocked the working pressure down.. bps dripped by half!! I was away for 3 days so it made a little dent in the algae situation:( anyways.. just by increasing the working back up to 20-25 the bps jumped right back to where it should be.. may not apply to your situation but figured I'd share.

20-25 psi. It was lower like 15 for some reason and I just increased it about 30 min ago.
I just checked on it now and the bubble counter was rattling and the diffuser was more like an airstone. Lowered the BPS to 3 and hope it holds.
I've observed "pulsing" in the past; I think it occurred more with a freshly filled tank. Have not seen it in the latter 3 months of the last refill.
I don't think I am getting a second LED fixture for this tank. I already have a cfl dome light in the rear right side in my attempt to get the rotala Mac more red. Might add a second one on the left side.

What type of diffuser are you running? I've got a GLA atomic with my Aquatek and it pulses a lot... I think the inconsistent CO2 is a big part of my algae issue.

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

What type of diffuser are you running? I've got a GLA atomic with my Aquatek and it pulses a lot... I think the inconsistent CO2 is a big part of my algae issue.

Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

I alternate between a Fluval diffuser and a generic glass diffuser.
I'm thinking the pulsing is from the AquaTek.
I just spot checked the bubble counter and it's somewhere around 2 bps. BBA turned pink, then white, then pretty much disappeared. There's still some on the substrate and in less conspicuous areas but overall it is a lot less than it was. GSA appears to be in check as well.

Here is an update on the new plants. Not looking like what specimens look like under optimal conditions but they're alive.
Eichornia diversifolia in the foreground (red arrow) and Pogostemon quadrifolius in the background (blue arrow).
kVixI5j.png

Rotala sp. Colorata (mid ground fine small green leaves)
9H7syC9.png

I could not get the image of the Pogostemon stellatus to load.
FTS
atpPMkl.png

Tank still looks good. I'm have the same problems with lack of husbandry with my tank....having two jobs takes a lot out of me.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

After some research, turns out the flow is from the bottom up (why did I think differently?). I cannot see how this will work as a CO2 reactor ?
I could get it anyway and use it as a supplemental filter and can run the CO2 diffuser under the intake. Or spend a little more, get the 302B and retire the AC50.
I think I got the BPS right. DC green to greenish yellow, plants are pearling.

Back
Top Bottom