FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
#TBT and Video
Here is a pic of my tank exactly one year ago today:
5TXOeAc.png

A short (54s) video from last night. I'm finding the fish are swimming out in the open pretty much all of the time (not just during dinner time): [youtube]http://youtu.be/h92QPcH-hCQ[/YouTube]

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Your tank is looking great, Fresh! Keep it up!

Love the myrio...tank is looking great!

PS I killed the macrandra. It was doing great then full of holes then disappeared. I've been really bad. :(

The myrio will be testing me. Barely a hint of new growth so far. Grrrr
We will need to find something you won't kill. Thinking.

It's ok. I'll leave the plants to you! I'm better at hardscape haha. All the other plants are doing well slow growing because I'm not giving them any special attention. Still love the fissidens :)

It's ok. I'll leave the plants to you! I'm better at hardscape haha. All the other plants are doing well slow growing because I'm not giving them any special attention. Still love the fissidens :)

Very well then. Take care of the Fissidens. I got it from Brian in AZ. Started with a few stragglers and then it took off. One of the nicer looking mosses IMO.
I dropped in some blanched zucchini but only the shrimp and snails were interested. Perhaps the Otos are well fed from other sources in the tank. They are doing a great job keeping the glass clean.

How're the red myrio stems doing for you?
I left the bottoms after the last trim&they've bounced back with new growth(still not looking great)..

sit in silence...

How're the red myrio stems doing for you?
I left the bottoms after the last trim&they've bounced back with new growth(still not looking great)..

sit in silence...

If it were a race between a tortoise, crypts, anubius, and the myrio, then the paint drying on the wall would win.
It's slow but I have hope for it.

Trimmed some plants and shipped out some packages today.
Starting out with a blurry sideview:
Q01GElu.png
The AR mini continues to show improvement
vOSUSwf.png
Removed about 25 crowns from the staur repens patch:
5X9NWJv.png
The "Octopus" (Pogostemon stellatus 'octopus') got trimmed back:
705GZVX.png
FTS:
VNafKnl.png

Fresh, what are those floating plants?

Water lettuce. Regular water lettuce. It stays small indoors in my tanks but outdoors it grows 5-6" across. I'm scooping out a net full each week because of the shading it creates.

Your tank is looking nice and healthy, makes a difference when you pay more attention to it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am inspired to do a new scape and try some new plants! In a couple months, lol. Tough schedule for now! I will hit you up after awhile.

Love the Octopus!

Looking sharp as always! (y) The Limno A and Rotala are doing well with about an inch of new growth on the rotala and maybe a quarter inch on the Limno.

That's good to hear. When the rotala is growing well, the leaves will be larger with a tinge of pink.
I found that after the limno establishes itself, subsequent trimmings may result in two or more sprouts at the trim site. A few months ago I was going to phase this out of my tank but decided to keep two stems. Glad I did. It is a pretty plant.

Your tank is looking nice and healthy, makes a difference when you pay more attention to it.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For sure. I've let it go for weeks at a time and end up paying for it with BBA, plant overgrowth, excessive shading.

I am inspired to do a new scape and try some new plants! In a couple months, lol. Tough schedule for now! I will hit you up after awhile.

Love the Octopus!

The octopus is my new favorite. Quietly sat in the corner and I did not think it would growth. Hopefully I will make it to a local fish club meeting this weekend (have not been in 7 months). I will bring a cooler in case I see something I like. Several members are also in GWAPA (Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association) so there is a connection for newer and less common plant specimens.
I do owe you some plants (last one turned into lollipops I believe) so give me a shout when you are ready.
Tank's looking very good, Fresh!
Definitely not wasting time. Nope.

Thanks. With the fish swimming out and about ALL of the time (thanks to the newer CPDs who did not know any better) I enjoy it more. It has been a long evolution for this tank.

Ruh-Roh... "Running on Empty" [cue Jackson Browne song]. I should have at least a day or two left in there:
7DK64fh.png
A few changes...Fissidens fontanus out, Blyxa aubertii in:
pRZ961a.png
Octopus (Pogo stellatus 'Octopus') sporting a drop checker. What-what? Never seen that? All the cool kids are doing that now. Or it's just the case of a worn out suction cup:
XMQPBpt.png
Ground Cover - No BBA and healthy growth:
NnFfz1G.png

I have a local fish club auction in early October and I am determined to sell some plants there. Big auction; we're talking 8 hours with hundreds of items for sale. So...I will try to hold off trimming for at least 3 weeks. Like pulling teeth because this joint is going to look like a jungle until next month. No pics for a while.

Lookin slick.... Our auction is in november here. Huge and long hrs as well, with tons of items. I cant wait. Good luck on not trimming.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lookin slick.... Our auction is in november here. Huge and long hrs as well, with tons of items. I cant wait. Good luck on not trimming.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I heard that towards the end of the big auctions they are literally giving things away. It's on a Sunday during football season so the DVR will be cranking.
In the time it took to type this i swear the plants grew another inch. Going to be a challenge.

If the p. Stellatus get to be way too long for you I think I know someone who could take some ;)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom