Freshwater angelfish help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sockfootfrank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got an angelfish yesterday for my 30 g tank. I dont know if this is a developed thing over night or if I purchased him this way but one of his gills is very red. I thought maybe ammonia poisoning but my ammonia is 0. The tank is fully cycled stats are all good I test frequently. It is only one gill the other looks alright. I will post pics

Attachments

• image-3823911089.jpg
    image-3823911089.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 87
  • image-4170093611.jpg
    image-4170093611.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 80
He does not look good at all. What is your temperature at and what exactly are your parameters?

Any other fish in the tank and how do they look? It does kinda look like ammonia or nitrite but you said params were good so I'm not sure. LFS angel stock is pretty crappy I've found and it could be just a weak angel

Possibly an injury? Maybe someone took a big nip at his one gill

My Params are all 0, just tested them. No other fish look injured or sick at all. I don't know if maybe he was like that from his previous tank at the store and I just never noticed? I really hope it wasn't a mean fish picking on him. I have one silver adult mollie, one adult Micky mouse platty, and like 5 speckled Mollie fry, 3 MM platty fry (all the fry about 5 months old and maybe an inch big ) some RC shrimp, 2 ghost shrimp, one X ray tetra and 3 bumble bee guppy. I was told they would all be compatible, and the fry will be leaving the tank when they are a little bigger. What could it be and what should I do?? Scared for the little guy :(

Also the fins were short like that when I got him yesterday at the store I know for sure. He was just so cute I couldn't resist :/

His are probably not picking on him, they should be fine together.

If your parameters are goood, I really can't think of any reason why he looks so bad and the others are fine. I'd say start with a couple water changes and go from there. Is he eating?

Back
Top Bottom