Freshwater Community Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScubaDuba98

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got some great suggestions from Homedog98 but was wondering if there were any more fish for my tank. I will soon have a freshwater 26 gal. bow front tank and I want it to be community. I liked the idea of adding a Rubberlip Pleco and black skirted tetras I looked them up and saw some cool pics and they are pretty easy to take care of. Maybe neon tetras as well, will they go well with fish like plecos. Can you also tell me if they are top, middle or bottom swimmers. The limit for size is probably about 6 in. long but I know not to fill up to much on fish. They shouldn't be aggressive or semi aggressive either.

Freshwater Communtiy Tank

Does anyone know if a Pleco, Rainbow Shark and a Silver Dollar will be fine going together. If I got about 15 Neon Tetras and other tetras will those be fine.

Yeah, if the tank is big enough, they would certainly get along great in a 55. Although, the rainbow shark may or may not make lunch of your neons. A bigger tetra may be a better choice once the shark gets bigger.

gkuzel said:
Yeah, if the tank is big enough, they would certainly get along great in a 55. Although, the rainbow shark may or may not make lunch of your neons. A bigger tetra may be a better choice once the shark gets bigger.

Cool thanks

Sure! good luck. Rainbows have quite the personality! have fun with them!!

If this is the 26 gallon you were previously talking about getting, then no.
Only smaller species of plecos, like a bristlenose would be appropriate. Also, neither the shark nor silver dollar would work (in a 26 gallon).

Totally agree with Jen. I thought the tank you were talking about was much larger.

jenatronQT3.14159 said:
If this is the 26 gallon you were previously talking about getting, then no.
Only smaller species of plecos, like a bristlenose would be appropriate. Also, neither the shark nor silver dollar would work (in a 26 gallon).

Yea I figured that and was thinking about getting a brittlenose. I just asked because I want all of those fish.

gkuzel said:
Totally agree with Jen. I thought the tank you were talking about was much larger.

Yea I kinda knew already I couldn't do that I just thought I'd ask just in case.

If your still looking for interesting look I really like the blue tetra. Don't have a good pic if I can get one will post latter.

Here are some pic not the best but I tbhink you can get a bgood idea of how they look

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110413_121550.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110413_121550.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 77
  • ForumRunner_20110413_121710.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110413_121710.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 77
  • ForumRunner_20110413_121740.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110413_121740.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 69
  • ForumRunner_20110413_121816.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110413_121816.jpg