Freshwater dartfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canterthefishman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I just went to my local creek and caught a fish dose any one know what it is?
Here is a pics.

Attachments

• image-4094326487.jpg
    image-4094326487.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 175
  • image-2801203930.jpg
    image-2801203930.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 155
  • image-2486368223.jpg
    image-2486368223.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 165
Hi I just went to my local creek and caught a fish dose any one know what it is?
Here is a pics.

Where are you located? That might help in ID'ing. I know jetajockey is great with native ID's.

I have no idea, but if it came from a creek I think you should put it back where it belongs :)

Where do you think a lot of the fish we keep in our aquariums come from?

Idk but it can be very hard for wild fish to adapt to an aquarium. Especially if the tanks not large. I tried it once and it didn't go well.

aren't the majority of the fish we all keep "wild"? I know my puffers, and cichlids are coming right from Asia and South Africa to my tank....

patola_l said:
aren't the majority of the fish we all keep "wild"? I know my puffers, and cichlids are coming right from Asia and South Africa to my tank....

They can be, but there are huge populations of captive bred species emerging for both FW and for SW now too. Captive bred tend to be much more hardy and adaptive, and more resistive to common ailments than their wild caught counterparts.

Back
Top Bottom