freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coffeetwitch said:
how do you feed coral? what do you feed coral? its hard having to wait to get to feed coral.

There are different ways, but I target feed with a turkey baster LOL thawed mysis shrimp with garlic and amino acid. They love it

are all corals the same? is it an everyday feeding? i love to fee our fish. ha i probably do it too often and too much. careys fat little blennie is awesome.

Kio707 said:
About once a week... And only when they are open.

I do once a week, sometimes twice when I feel like it. Others do every other day. Like I said, u have to play around to see what works best for u. If it's not fed, it won't open and die

I fed them this morning... I call this "Happy Munching" :)

Sorry, was taken with iPhone. And as u see: no lights (except in the room for a few min so I can actually see what I'm doing)

Attachments

• image-2548043720.jpg
    image-2548043720.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 80
Greenturtle said:
Cool :) do the brine shrimp have to be live or can they be frozen?

These were frozen mysis, thawed, and marinated in garlic and amino acid... Smells disgusting >.< but whatever makes en happy. Sometimes I spoil em with live brine shrimp

So Mus is hiding under a rock. Comes out for like 10 seconds to swum by the clowns really quick then goes back to her hidey hole. Normal behavior while she gets used to the tank or should I be worried?

Nope. Mine slept under a rock on her side and hung out like that for the first few days. lol It's normal for blue tangs

And coffeetwitch would like me to ask if anyone has any ideas for active swimmers in our tank? Keep in mind we'll eventually have corals and stuff in there and currently we have the 2 clowns, Mus, a pajama cardinal, a peppermint shrimp and some hermits. I would like some sort of star fish, but if none are reef safe I understand. I think I'd also like an emerald crab, maybe one of those pretty blue hermits. Ok I've ran on long enough. Any ideas?

Crabs are fine and fun! Love mine. Try a dwarf angel.... My coral beauty was awesome till his death this morning. Also maybe a foxface...

Kio707 said:
Crabs are fine and fun! Love mine. Try a dwarf angel.... My coral beauty was awesome till his death this morning. Also maybe a foxface...

We looked at a fox face last night. I'm kind of in love. Will he get along with the blue tang? Also sorry to hear about your beauty!

Angels are hit and miss... They may or may not nip. Foxface may be venomous, but not like ur playing with it... Lol... They are compatible with other fish...

rdnelson99 said:
They tend to nip at corals however many tell me not to worry about it. It is hit and miss. I am debating getting one right now.

I recommend them. I'm getting another one. Waiting on huma's group buy! Lol

My friend mark (the guy I got my tank from) had a coral beauty for 2.5 years, then one night it went on a coral rampage. It died when it tried to eat some button polyps/zoas and ingested the palytoxin or something. It's what made him give up the hobby. Luckily for me...

I recommend them. I'm getting another one. Waiting on huma's group buy! Lol

May be doing the same. May pick up some $5.00 frags this weekend. One LFS has what would be $20.00 frags anywhere else. I am still waffling back and forth between the Kole Yellow Eye Tang (tank is a bit small) or the Coral Beauty (will it prevent me from keep corals). Most likely going with the Coral Beauty.

Back
Top Bottom