freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I buy these packs of small frozen prawns and feed him a few every 2-3 days. I've only fed him by hand since he is so small and his bites won't puncture my skin but I'm trying to find another way to feed him lol.

No they're not those small cubes, it's just one rectangle of frozen prawns. I'll take a pic when I get home tomorrow because I forgot what it's called.

And every fish needs a varied diet. You could buy tilapia and give it a little bit or different seafoods. So far I've only fed it the prawns so that it doesn't develop a taste for fish lol

Hmmm I'm maybe , just maybe considering an eel for my new tank. Just worried that he will wiggle out somehow or get into the overflow... How likely is that with these guys?

Mine has stayed inside the tank so far. My tank is 21" high and my eel is only a foot long so it would be difficult for it to climb out, and they aren't good swimmers.

Btw Carey, have you been to fishy business in longwood? I'm at my house in lake Mary and want to go to a lfs tomorrow.

Skip fishy business and go around the corner to oceans direct.

fishy has alot of rare stuff but there are always dead fish and floaters and it just isnt good. I was tempted to buy a fish the other day there but there were deadones next to him so I passed. Check out his $20 corals rack though if you do go. I got a spectacular balstomussa for $20 the other day. he also has alot of expensive australian corals if thats your thing.

oceans direct is open form 12-5 tomorrow, i just got my sale email from them. They have a much cleaner shop, never seen a dead fish there yet and their coral prices can be obscenely cheap sometimes, specially if you like SPS. he had an awesome eel last week i was eying, thats what gave me the idea....I wouldnt hesitate to buy fish form oceans direct. If you need the addy for it I can get their business card for you. :)

Last edited:
If youre going to fishy business they are at 140 S. ronald reagan Blvd. On the way there youll probably pass oceans direct but they are on theother side of the highway. Their addy is 215 W. SR 434. They are in the strip mall right after you make the left to go back to route 4 if you are leaving fishy. Its a small strip mall so dont miss it! LOL

Their ph # 407-339-8883

Oh also, their special for the holiday is 15% off all livestock, tell them you got the email. kent salt is the big deal at $45.99 for 200g also.

Make sure you let me know what you think, they are one of my favorite lfs's.

My other fave is in orlando on N.alafaya its called aquaria studios and they have got some GREAT stuff. All rimless tanks and leds, totally high end.

Ok thank you. Both of them are right next to each other so I'll probably just go to both of them lol. I'll let you know what I thought of them.

Also picked up a little emerald crab. Don't know how well you can see him. And we got a sand sifting star. Only see her when the lights go out

Attachments

• image-1090807234.jpg
    image-1090807234.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 78
Hey coffeetwitch, I saw a while ago that you got an "interracial" pair of clowns in your tank.

I'm gonna be setting up my 75G tank really soon, and I'm having a lot of trouble deciding whether I would want orange/white clowns or black/white clowns, but I see that you did both lol. How's that working out for you? And please excuse me if this is a dumb question, but do you know if they would ever actually pair up?

I have a snowflake and b&w clown pair and they do wonderfully. Both of mine are a. Ocellaris so they will pair up to problems. I have seen some b&w clowns being sold as percula so I would check to see first but for the most part, they will do fine.

So far they love each other. They don't go anywhere without the other. They are the same "type" I guess just different colors. We got the black one bigger and tried to find the smallest orange one.

On a side note, our German blue rams finally laid eggs! Fingers crossed!

Attachments

• image-2109164750.jpg
    image-2109164750.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 88
  • image-3819305844.jpg
    image-3819305844.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 75
Tracie6283 said:
Also picked up a little emerald crab. Don't know how well you can see him. And we got a sand sifting star. Only see her when the lights go out

I have 2 of these guys, they are a trip. I won't see it for days and the next thing u know, he's trying to face off with me in the front of the tank... Lol... A couple of times I've just seen a claw grab a piece of frozen shrimp. They are some characters.

Mine does a little dance in my 125g, I really like these guys!

Do they molt too anyone know? I may have lost one yesterday, I found a lifeless one in my cube and threw it away. Hoping he molted cause theya re so cute and have such character!

Back
Top Bottom