freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Then idk lol. I use to have an algae problem, but then I stuffed my HOB emperor 400 filter full of mangrove seeds(like 20-30) and there's not much of problem anymore LOL

slitherbomb said:
Then idk lol. I use to have an algae problem, but then I stuffed my HOB emperor 400 filter full of mangrove seeds(like 20-30) and there's not much of problem anymore LOL

That and Calerpa.... I know I spelled that wrong... What I did. Plus ur tank is young, going to have an algae bloom... It'll go away after ur trates go down.

I don't usually recommend a creature to clean up algae but a seahare will clean your tank pretty quick. the only thing is you have to feed him alage after he eats all of yours. Bob my seahare ate through all my algae in days and I currently dont have any so I give hime algae sheets on clip towards the sandbed so he can munch on them. he has gotten from about 2 inches to maybe 6-7 inches in just a few short months. Thast your sw pleco right there. Just gotta be careful with some as they can ink and then your tank gets nasty and you have to pwc pwc pwc. Mine hasnt inked once and he';s been moved and handled alot. I have a bali sea hare.

thank you! maybe after i get my sump going that would help then. kinda glad my lighting deal fell through now.

what about stocking options for the dt?

He was mostly kidding I think. He just wants like a 300 gallon tank with 247628283737 black clowns it and that's it. He's clown crazy!

Tracie6283 said:
He was mostly kidding I think. He just wants like a 300 gallon tank with 247628283737 black clowns it and that's it. He's clown crazy!

I fully support the idea of a 300g b&w percula only tank....

I think we all should have our mandatory 700g tank and some 120g to play around with... I need to replace my bf with a willing millionaire with heart condition... Who likes kitty cats :b

I'm just thankful I don't get grief from my b/f what with all these tanks. lol Though he is still not happy I didnt sell the 90g setup. I can just tell.

at some point you know he has to like the variety in fish and looking at them. you said he liked the cichlids. i may not know the full story but eventually he is going to have to accept you have mts.

He came to me knowing I'm OCD and slightly disturbed so he was warned. LOL He does from time to time check out the sw fish, he has his favorites of them too. But the cichlids are his babies. I just take care of them. He seemed a bit miffed that I am selling my 20L community tank as well. I think he just likes the fw better. And keep in mind we only started this fish business last year, well at least together. I've been keeping fish since the early 90's.

I hope he likes the new tank, though I already know what he's gonna say about the 90g. It's going in front of the entrance to our bedroom adn I bet he has an issue with that as the 90 is much wider than the 55 thats there now. he hasn't caught on even though I've mentioned it. lol It will actually block some of the entry into our bedroom, at least we have a double door that goes in so I think it will work. I HOPE it will work. hehe

Back
Top Bottom