freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
me too.and yes that was the idea having a uturn at the end. that idea may be nothing more than an idea. i would like to use the whole thing as a fuge. but i think there are too many benefits by having a regular in sump skimmer vs a hob skimmer. and kio mentioned why run one this morning.

i did do some quick math again and i will have 19"x18" for the fuge.

fuge--"t"--return----skimmer.

just like what was mentioned before. oh well cool things and ideas brought into fruition will just have to wait.

how are you feeling this morning?

coffeetwitch said:
i did do some quick math again and i will have 19"x18" for the fuge.

fuge--"t"--return----skimmer.

just like what was mentioned before. oh well cool things and ideas brought into fruition will just have to wait.

how are you feeling this morning?

Better thx :)
Hope it stays like that. After a while u get paranoid, trying to avoid anything that may cause a headache.

I've heard of ppl not using a skimmer bc their sump was good enough to handle everything. I keep my fingers crossed i won't need one. Also depends on ur stocking eg messy fish or overstock.

I would run the sump first, see how it goes, observe ur water parameter and then decide if you need one

I have read somewhere that dsb needs to be changed out about once a year because of the stuff they accumulate. For this reason I like a remote dsb (in a bucket). Last time I had one and dumped it out after a year, the sulfer smell was really bad. I have been wanting to set up another for some time now.

coffeetwitch said:
who is not running a skimmer? who is and why?

We should start an investigation ;) would like to know too. Bet ya ist for the reason I named earlier

tdwright1971 said:
I have read somewhere that dsb needs to be changed out about once a year because of the stuff they accumulate. For this reason I like a remote dsb (in a bucket). Last time I had one and dumped it out after a year, the sulfer smell was really bad. I have been wanting to set up another for some time now.

All I know is that I need to add an inch every year bc if the depletion of sand.
That's what I mean about conflicting information about DSB... everywhere I go I get a different information. I will have sand cleaning stuff in my tank, hope that'll be enough. Will not change my sand and report back in 1-2 yrs on how it is going LOL

my fish died last night at 2 am. ive spent my morning waiting for the owner to come into his store and see what was up with my dead fish.

i guess i was starting to creep people out because after waiting for 45 minute and looking at all the fish there, they picked up the phone and got some info...

turned out to be a straight swap for a slightly larger one spot that they have had for a while and i have eye balled previously.

as far as my sump goes. skimmer! no more back and forth about it. better to have and not need than need and not have. everyone has been very helpful with trying to teach me. thank you all. im going to rope it off, so to speak, to accommodate a small selection of skimmer footprints. that way when the time comes i can buy the best deal and not worry about "oh poop, its not going to fit"

thank you sir. im just glad that i did the best i could to make it work for him. even if i used a fire hose to drip acclimate him.

coffeetwitch said:
thank you sir. im just glad that i did the best i could to make it work for him. even if i used a fire hose to drip acclimate him.

Lmao.... No one is an expert....

coffeetwitch said:
ok so i just butchered my glass. its still useable but i ordered 2 panels wrong.

Gee, u r having bad luck... Why not use acrylic? Must be easier by now LOL

sorry about ur fish

the problem is im not delicate. about anything. great hobby for me to be a part of right? anyway its usable just not as clean as the glass shop would have done.

silicone is going on.... cant talk now.

Good luck!

and by the way, I'm more of a bull in a china shop kinda girl so I know where you're coming from. LOL I'm far from delicate. Always afraid I'm gonna break stuff.

it is what it is. im out of silicone. and i think all the glass that is going to chip has chipped

its a waiting game to see if i did a good job. its in the middle of the living room, sweety pie is going to kill me when she reads this. or comes home from work. which ever one comes first.

really she knew this was going to happen. im sure she wont be happy but she knew i was going to do it where i did. gotta love her.

Back
Top Bottom